Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
So, before we begin, YOUR PHONE MUST BE S-OFF!

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone nor yourself, regardless of what you do with this mod

Some of you might be wondering what the splash screen is. It is the screen that you see when you turn on your phone before the boot animation starts.
Here is what ours looks like:

here is full size if you want to use it as a base

Things you will need:1. Make a folder, call it what ever you want, and put the downloaded nbimg.exe in there.
2. Download the android-info.txt and place it on the folder you just made.
3. Now open up your image editor of choice. Mine is photoshop.
4. Create a new image that is 540 X 960 and put what ever image, design, etc. you want on it. I used the G1 Autobots logo

5. Now save that as "splash1.bmp" and make sure it is in 24-bit format. Place that in the folder you made earlier.
6. Inside that folder, hold shift and right click and click "open command window here". A command window should appear.
7. Now type "nbimg -F splash1.bmp -w 540 -h 960" you should have a "splash1.nb" file in your folder now.
8. Rename "splash1.nb" to "splash1.img"
9. Put the splash1.img and android-info.txt in a .zip named "PH39IMG.zip"
10. Put that on the root of your sd card and boot into your bootloader and follow the instructions after it loads the PH39IMG.zip

Here is the splash I created

Remember, higher resolution images will make for better quality splash screens.

For those that want to go back to stock, here it is http://d-h.st/8Ih

Credits to pof for the nbimg

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.