Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

What would be the best way to conserve the free space on my Razr M (XT907, 4gb ) while using your Safestrap software? Without having to restore over the Stock rom slot?

I currently have a 32gb external SD card installed in my phone that I am hardly making use of, which is silly. I seemed to have quickly maxed out my phone's internal SD card 0 shortly after installing a Eclipse mod 1.1 and snapping a few pictures/videos and installing GTA3 (large game). As simple as this task sounds, I have been unable to find clear instructions online on how to free up my space.

Maybe would there be any way to symlink the entire /safestrap directory to my external SD card? How about changing the default location that my apps/pictures are saved or installed to? (it doesn't seem that my camera app has any configuration settings to change this location..). I am comfortable connecting via ADB and making changes in Linux if necessary.

Thank you!
-skup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a thread on xda. Here's the link http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=40162121

I haven't tried it. I don't have space issues.
Why don't you unlock your boot loader?
Hope this helps you out.

Sent from my XT907 using RootzWiki
Fantastic! I'll give it a shot

If you know of a method to unlock my bootloader, by all means link me up :)
Is this how you are conserving space on your XT907?

·
Banned
105 Posts
Here's a thread on XDA with all info you will need. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=40079815

After you unlock your phone you will need a custom recovery if you want to flash custom ROMs.
The TWRP recovery link in that post is bad. Its version 2.4.0.0 which is very buggy.
If u need a recovery let me know. I'll find you a link of 2.3.2.3 version which is good.

Sent from my XT907 using RootzWiki

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi guys,

What would be the best way to conserve the free space on my Razr M (XT907, 4gb ) while using your Safestrap software? Without having to restore over the Stock rom slot?

I currently have a 32gb external SD card installed in my phone that I am hardly making use of, which is silly. I seemed to have quickly maxed out my phone's internal SD card 0 shortly after installing a Eclipse mod 1.1 and snapping a few pictures/videos and installing GTA3 (large game). As simple as this task sounds, I have been unable to find clear instructions online on how to free up my space.

Maybe would there be any way to symlink the entire /safestrap directory to my external SD card? How about changing the default location that my apps/pictures are saved or installed to? (it doesn't seem that my camera app has any configuration settings to change this location..). I am comfortable connecting via ADB and making changes in Linux if necessary.

Thank you!
-skup
you can change the save directory for your pics/vids in the camera settings to the mnt/external1 spot.

also, when I installed the Energy ROM on my stock ROM slot, I freed up all of space.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts