Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thread updated again&again,please reread it again&agian(Orz)

last edit:some one from china just released offical 629 sbf
sbf extracted file signature info
RDL3.smg: signature not found!
RDL1.smg: signature not found!
CG31.smg version is 2
CG33.smg version is 1
CG34.smg version is 1
CG35.smg version is 2
CG39.smg version is 1
CG42.smg: signature not found!
CG47.smg version is 2
CG61.smg version is 1
CG64.smg version is 1
CG65.smg version is 1
CG66.smg: signature not found!
edit 4-18:made some stupid dummy move,system flash twice while unbricking and may have chance to appear "no signal"&"can't mount sdcard" beacuse of wrong "devtree",so I repack a new sbf and rewrite steps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Font Screenshot Number Circle
Rectangle Office equipment Font Parallel Screenshot

Yeah,629 is rooted!
And yes,we got a way to unbrick the downgraded 629 d2g which stuck in BL and showing this below

It works, confirmed on a verizon flashed (pre-flashed firmware from warehouse) .629 phone, which likely means it will work even if VZW gives you a pre-flashed phone or flashes your phone in store. Thank you!
Thanks for the info!

Read carefully all below this before you do anything to your phone
Unbrick or 629 root just follow the steps below
1.Use RSD to flash offical 608 sbf(dont worry about downgrade,it will unbrick after the next step)
2.Use RSD to flash this repacked 629 sbf(it will flash 629 BL=2 signed boot,recovery,cdt)
3.reboot to recovery,wipe data&cache(Not required if you have important data in it,but if you stuck at bootanimation loop then you have to wipe it)
4.use superoneclick to grant root access(or any zergrush script)
5.install otarootkeeper(can be found in play store,it's free),backup su,then unroot
6.reboot to recovery,reapply 629 OTA update.zip,reboot.(thanks silver6054 for the ota zip link)
How to boot recovery&apply zip update:
1.Press X + Power and hold to power up the phone(if your phone is on,power off first),release until you see the recovery
2.Press Vol up&down at the same time to unlock the bootmenu
3.Choose the moto-signed OTA zip file and apply the update
4.reboot
7.open otarootkeeper,restore su

Then it's done.

PS:Tested with 2 OTA 629 device for rooting&2 bricked 629 downgraded phone unbricked
PS2:SBF repacking tool comes from here,many thank to Skrilax_CZ http://modmymobile.c...-22-2011-a.html
PS3:Now confirm reflash offical 608 sbf+repacked 629 sbf can made a full reset like normal offical sbf.

Attachments

·
Android Beginner
23 Posts
Do you have to upgrade back to 629? because if not im not going to I would rather have a custom rom on there then stock but I don't want to risk trying to put a custom rom on there if it won't be compatible

·
Android Beginner
45 Posts
I would really like to hear other's experience on using this technique. I'm not so much interested in root 629 as using a custom ROM
Yes, I think a number of us want to hear other's experience! I really want this to work but I am not willing to risk my currently working (but unrooted) phone trying until some guinea pigs, I mean people, try first. As Davepemer says, it would be good to know if it can restore a bricked phone, as those users have little to lose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have D2G brick, I tried a new set of SFB (608bl 1.sbf =) and not me. When the flash is just ending so Restarts the phone and then stops bootloader error message:
bootloader
D0.11
Err: A5, 70,70,00,1 F

It just does not work.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you ..... I almost enjoyed that the problem is resolved.
Hornet99
PS: My English is not very good, sorry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ad2)
Hi, i bricket my D2g by new sbf release by verizon. After that iam still loking for repair. Now i try this solution by User "Average Android" But its not working for me. Telephone restarts at the near end of flashing rom and restarts, after that show me till she same error of bootloader.
thanks Hornet99

·
Android Beginner
23 Posts
ad2)
Hi, i bricket my D2g by new sbf release by verizon. After that iam still loking for repair. Now i try this solution by User "Average Android" But its not working for me. Telephone restarts at the near end of flashing rom and restarts, after that show me till she same error of bootloader.
thanks Hornet99
So your phone was already bricked is that what you are saying?

an I won't be trying this until I see a known developer post on here saying yay or no
thats just me though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi from bosnia
me2,[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]almost enjoyed that the problem is resolved. [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
is there hope now for unbrick d2g? 629 is rooted right? so we need w8 for official 629 sbf again or some master hacker can make full 629 sbf?[/background]

·
AKA sd_shadow
557 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Attention here ,guys.
The poster is my friend. The post, it means that he found the way to root 2.3.4/4.5.629 on d2g, not unbrick the MEM-MAP Blank Error device. To follow what he posted, make sure your device is working on. 629 and not bricked.
Sorry for both him and my badly English.

·
Android Beginner
23 Posts
Attention here ,guys.
The poster is my friend. The post, it means that he found the way to root 2.3.4/4.5.629 on d2g, not unbrick the MEM-MAP Blank Error device. To follow what he posted, make sure your device is working on. 629 and not bricked.
Sorry for both him and my badly English.
So has he already taken care of the cg39.smg or is something we need to do ourselves?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can you just reboot normally and then take the update OTA, or do you specifically need the update.zip and go from recovery?
not tested,but since you flash this sbf will have nothing change in boot&cdt&rec,normal ota could have chance not recognize your phone and push the update
but you can feel free to test it,and please let me know the result

1 - 20 of 275 Posts