Android OS Forum banner
261 - 275 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks a lot!! I've just used the first and second steps, and now my phone is working again. Coudn't root cause my computer coudn't install the "Motorola MSD Interface" driver. If you give me a hand with this, i could tell you the rest of my expierence. I just want to get the cyanogenmod rom! But for now. Thaaaaaannnkkksss!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
keeps failing at swtiching through bp pass through mode

I read around and saw that ppl say there is a MDM6000 driver or something, well at 99% my phone disconnects and then nothing else reconnects, I dont get any unknkown device after that, idk if I am missing this driver or wat, im trying a new cable and new computer and ports... WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS DAMN PHONE..

i just sbf'd my droid x NO PROBLEMS first try bp switching went through flawlessly, idk why my d2g refuses to work please help
I have exactly the same problem..After flashing all AP it will want to switch to BP mode but all i get is unknown device (even with latest motorola drivers installed) so i have no idea what else can i do to restore the phone

Have you found any solution?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have exactly the same problem..After flashing all AP it will want to switch to BP mode but all i get is unknown device (even with latest motorola drivers installed) so i have no idea what else can i do to restore the phone

Have you found any solution?
Nope still haven't found a solution... my D2G just sits in a box til one day I might be able to bring it back from the dead but its been over a year and still no fix ugh... i rele loved that phone too... I have the samsung galaxy s3 now but i would still like my D2G to work again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nope still haven't found a solution... my D2G just sits in a box til one day I might be able to bring it back from the dead but its been over a year and still no fix ugh... i rele loved that phone too... I have the samsung galaxy s3 now but i would still like my D2G to work again
Perhaps the ezSBF can help?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Perhaps the ezSBF can help?
I tried it, see thing is my old droid x will sbf just find either in windows or ubuntu... my D2G won't I installed a second boot option on my windows 7 desktop so I can boot into Ubuntu and I tried to sbf but it wont work
it goes completely through all the steps and reboots my phone and it still pops up into boot loader mode and wont boot at all...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thread updated again&again,please reread it again&agian(Orz)
The Root works and the update also, retrieve the wifi but lost the "Network Mode" CDMA / GSM OtaRootKeeper works great! My question... You can successfully install CM9 with the same procedure??? if you have any ICS ROM D2G you could share it :D
Thanks for this useful post!
Method tested on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x86

·
AKA sd_shadow
557 Posts

·
My posts are made of bacon
931 Posts
use d2 bootstrap, to install/boot clockworkmod recovery (cwm)
see

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)][HOW TO] Install/Use Droid 2 Bootstrap[/background]

several roms for D2G see my list
sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - Google Docs
and
Droid 2 Global Development

also this root method is the old one, next time consider
[background=transparent]Magic MD5 Root 2.3.4 for D2, R2D2, D2G, DX and 2.3.5 for DX2[/background]
This is the method I used today. Was flawless. +1

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Root works and the update also, retrieve the wifi but lost the "Network Mode" CDMA / GSM OtaRootKeeper works great! My question... You can successfully install CM9 with the same procedure??? if you have any ICS ROM D2G you could share it :D
Thanks for this useful post!
Method tested on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x86
After the network problem ... I decided to wipe data / factory reset and works 100% on my D2G without problems and root restored with OtaRootKeeper good job :)

261 - 275 of 275 Posts