Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Firstly I want to say thank you this patch. The mere fact that I got the phone to boot into something working is amazing. My question is what exactly does the file do? and what does that mean for custom roms? How would you go about installing a Custom Rom from this point forward?

Thanks again

·
AKA sd_shadow
557 Posts
best to wait till a custom rom is build, from this update
but it is still GB, so a gingerbread rom may run,
don't think anyone will know for sure till they try

edit: what's the worse, that will happen, brick it?

·
CCNA. Net+ Professional/Cell Phone Old Hat
40 Posts
Well.. root works, even with new root apps. I purposely waited to install rootable apps until after the upgrade. I lost vibration again, but that will come back. Im not sure what is the deal with that, but that happened with .629 the first time. meh.

·
Registered
17 Posts
All Steps Worked as he said they would. I just finishing reviving my Droid 2 Global. Something strange though using Titanium Back Up to restore Data makes Calling Signal Disappear, is there a particular app I am restore that is causing this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
All Steps Worked as he said they would. I just finishing reviving my Droid 2 Global. Something strange though using Titanium Back Up to restore Data makes Calling Signal Disappear, is there a particular app I am restore that is causing this?
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]update Titanium BackUp and you'll be fine[/background]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So I went from 4.5.629 using the steps here, rooted, and applied the upgrade file. Everything works except I get no phone signal! (2 or 3G). When I go to Settings>Wireless and Networks> I can choose most things, but Mobile Networks doesn't work. (If I select it, nothing happens).

Any ideas?

Should I try the combined thing as a new SBF?
please reflash offical 608 before you flash the unbrick sbf

·
Registered
16 Posts
Firstly I want to say thank you this patch. The mere fact that I got the phone to boot into something working is amazing. My question is what exactly does the file do? and what does that mean for custom roms? How would you go about installing a Custom Rom from this point forward?

Thanks again
check this out http://and-developer.../partitions:cdt
and I dont use custom rom based on 2nd init(like cm)
so you have to test it yourself
btw,since I've confrimed offical 608 sbf+repacked unoffical 629 sbf=normal sbf reset,there should be no need to worry about bricking the phone again(unless moto update the cdt.bin again and you accepted the ota = =|||)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Friends, this is what my phone shows...

D0.11
Err:A5, 70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery ok
ok to program
connect usb
data cable

so will the steps in the 1st post here will fix my phone...
PLz somebody reply to this....
Mr themib plz confirm this as u very well know about my negligible experience with android.... it was my new phone n i used it for 3-4 days only when it got bricked so please answer my question.......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
PLz somebody reply to this....
Mr themib plz confirm this as u very well know about my negligible experience with android.... it was my new phone n i used it for 3-4 days only when it got bricked so please answer my question.......
Orz,update thread again...please read it again

·
Registered
10 Posts
i did this method and work great, my phone is working, BUT, i don't know what going on with the WIFI i try everything but dont wanna connect to the router (i did with 5 different router, WEP,WAP,WAP2.... with out password and different models) and i have a friend with the same problem and the same symptoms about wifi.
help?
thank you in advantage

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did
i did this method and work great, my phone is working, BUT, i don't know what going on with the WIFI i try everything but dont wanna connect to the router (i did with 5 different router, WEP,WAP,WAP2.... with out password and different models) and i have a friend with the same problem and the same symptoms about wifi.
help?
thank you in advantage
Did you do all the steps and followed with a factory reset? It is after the factory reset that the wfi begins to work again.

41 - 60 of 275 Posts