Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I followed the guide in an attempt to add a search nav button to a rasbeanjelly for the N4. I made all the changes and recompiled SystemUI.apk successfully (didn't see any errors at least). I copied res folder, classes.dex, resources.arsc into the original SystemUI.apk and flashed the rom again. It flashed fine but SystemUI forces closes after booting.

Is this most likely a post compiling issue with signatures ... or some other error I made along the way before compiling? When I saw no compiling errors I thought I was in the clear.

Thanks for the guide.

Edit: Could the navigationbar.xml file you linked be different/incompatible with what I need? I suppose I should compare them.
You dont need to copy res classes and resource file when compiling a systemui. If it compiled without errors that should be fine.

And btw this is my navigation bar xml for rasbean jelly you should be fine to use it on n4. Default layout is back-menu-home-recent. Just add the search key line or remove the menu and insert search key in to it. Donload>http://db.tt/oYAb00kX

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

·
Registered
12 Posts
I thought you needed to use the original androidmanifest and meta-inf to not screw up signatures or other checks?

EDIT: I used the systemui.apk in the dist folder and it doesn't force close anymore. The status bar and nav bar isn't showing but I'm getting closer.
Yes if your modifying the framework that would be the case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

1 - 2 of 2 Posts