Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Developer
161 Posts
AndroidSims said:
I use Tweetdeck for twitter and am getting tired of the Froyo notification icons so I made some nice high res gingerbread themed ones. I can't get it to install though, keeps giving me the, "There is a problem parsing this package" error. How can I get it to install? I'd like to share it with those of you who are as OCD as me. Thanks!
You have to sign them with apktool. I should make a tut for that...

·
Themer
575 Posts
Apktool can sign them. Apkmanager can.
Just compile w/ apktool or whatever you used to decompile it. take that apk and put it in the folder /Apkmanager/place_here_for_signing (or something)
open apkmanager and choose option 15
Navigate back to the signing folder there will now be a signed.apk file
Take that and rename it to TweetDeck.apk (or app name) and place it in your update.zip

·
Themer
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nmiltner said:
Apktool can sign them. Apkmanager can.
Just compile w/ apktool or whatever you used to decompile it. take that apk and put it in the folder /Apkmanager/place_here_for_signing (or something)
open apkmanager and choose option 15
Navigate back to the signing folder there will now be a signed.apk file
Take that and rename it to TweetDeck.apk (or app name) and place it in your update.zip
I believe I have tried that, don't this think it was option 15 though. Ill check it out again. Tired of seeing froyo icons.

Sent from DroidX

·
Themer
575 Posts
U on Linux?
I know for me it is 15.

·
Themer
332 Posts
AndroidSims said:
Windows, but I can USB boot Ubuntu if its easier that way.

Sent from DroidX
Where did you get your apkmanager cuz I run the Linux version and its got less choices and doesn't work very well

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Themer
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dewguzzler said:
Where did you get your apkmanager cuz I run the Linux version and its got less choices and doesn't work very well

I found it on a forum somewhere I believe. If you want, I can host it when I get home if you can't find it.

Sent from DroidX

·
Themer
575 Posts
AndroidSims said:
Windows, but I can USB boot Ubuntu if its easier that way.

Sent from DroidX
No I wouldn't think its necessary. Can u post your apkmanager screen. I'm away from my PC now, but I can tell you the option you need if I can see your screen

·
Themer
575 Posts
Dewguzzler said:

Got mine from CorCor's themr studio, but even beforee I installed that the options were there.

·
Themer
575 Posts
Are u using update.zip or applying as apk? If applying as apk, did u uninstall original tweetdeck?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts