Android OS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Awesome write up! When I turn the phone to lanscape I notice the background changes back to white... do you know where that line is to change when in landscape mode for the background color??

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm not having much luck getting the To: line sorted out but i'm confident i'll figure something out - for now we can get rid of it during a conversation. For the time being we'll have to deal with it while typing out a recipient's name in landscape during message creation.

So here's the partial fix - open up compose_message_activity and go to line 22. At the very end of the line you'll see:

android:imeOptions="actionSend|flagNoEnterAction"

Change it to

android:imeOptions="flagNoExtractUi"

For those curious about learning what's going on, read all about it here:

http://developer.and...een-inputs.html
tried this and did not notice a change =(.... thank you! Do you have any other ideas? I was given the idea to edit this line...

compose_message_activity.xml line 2 LinearLayout, add the line

Code:

android:background="#000000" android:textColor="#ffffff"

this this also.. no change...=(

·
Registered
335 Posts
I did exactly what he said, recompiled and zip installed in recovery after wiping cache and dav and still have the white text box when i go to landscape and press on the black text box at the bottom to start typing.. =( ugg...even the ugly send button is there.. would be nice to theme that whole window...

the text he posted lined up perfectly with what I had in my xml file.. i dont get it..

·
Registered
335 Posts
It's in the first post, look at /res/layout/compose_message_activity. The part where you edit the IME options.

C'mon guys a lot of these questions have the answers in the first post. I should've stuck to my original plan and included pics with each part. I know it gets boring staring at a wall of text but you got to absorb what you're reading or it won't make any sense to you.
Ah, I already tried that and nothing happened..I must of missed something. I will double check my edit... =D Thank you!!! I will try again tonight!

the part where you change the IME noflag etc..is what I thought I needed to do, but I guess I read over the color change right above that..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.