Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 197 Posts

·
For Us By Us
287 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean franky, show me a screenshot
Here is a screenshot of an already made version of what I want, except there is no smile button on the keyboard. I wanted to create it on my own in case there is something wrong with the already themed one. I'm hoping that editing a fresh version might fix the smile issue, since I'm new to editing xml and wouldn't be able to spot the problem.

http://i.imgur.com/pCKdy.png

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Where can I get the apk and I'll take a look at it. Not sure how to do gradient so I would like to see how it's done. Is the enter key replacing the smiley key? That's a pretty easy fix - should be able to reverse the directions on page 4. Should be near the top of the page or I can do it for you if I can get to the apk.

·
Supporting Member
1,870 Posts
Currently, the stock dialer background has a grayish/blue color....would like to make it darker (maybe not completely black, but if black is easiest then so be it) and also keep the diagonal texture lines....If they are tied together, then hopefully, the contacts background would follow with the same color.

Or....seeing as I'm on a stock (non-T9) dialer, could a currently made darkended T9 dialer be flashed over it?

Thanks!

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Currently, the stock dialer background has a grayish/blue color....would like to make it darker (maybe not completely black, but if black is easiest then so be it) and also keep the diagonal texture lines....If they are tied together, then hopefully, the contacts background would follow with the same color.

Or....seeing as I'm on a stock (non-T9) dialer, could a currently made darkended T9 dialer be flashed over it?

Thanks!
The dialer you see when you open the phone is controlled by the Contacts.apk. The one you see if you open the dial pad while in a call is the Phone.apk.

The image I referenced should be what your looking for.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
If I get some time tonight or tomorrow I will try to take a look at it and see if it's something easy and/or obvious. It took me a good month of trial and error + the time to put all my thoughts into a readable form for this guide. I'm starting a new job Monday so I doubt I have time to make something as comprehensive as this was but if the changes look obvious I'll post what I find.

·
For Us By Us
287 Posts
Where can I get the apk and I'll take a look at it. Not sure how to do gradient so I would like to see how it's done. Is the enter key replacing the smiley key? That's a pretty easy fix - should be able to reverse the directions on page 4. Should be near the top of the page or I can do it for you if I can get to the apk.
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/17889-mod-404-black-mms/#entry465463

Thanks for your time, man

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Ok if you just want to use that apk and have the smiley key do this:

Decompile it and go to /res/layout/compose_message_activity. Near the end of line 22, change:

android:inputType="textCapSentences|textAutoCorrect|textMultiLine"

to

android:inputType="textCapSentences|textAutoCorrect|textMultiLine|textShortMessage"

That will remove the enter key and put the smiley key back in place. If you want me to edit it and post the apk for you I can do that as well.

To generalize on the gradient explanation, you just set your backgrounds to transparent. I can go a little more into it if need be but I didn't go all the way through the apk to figure it out 100%.

·
Developer Knight
542 Posts
My question:

How would you edit the apk so that the smiley key is gone, you have the enter key, but when you press the enter key, it does a carriage return (ie. a new line instead of sending the message)?

This has been bothering me like none other. I've beeing editing the LatinIME.apk and the Mms.apk, trying to get this to work. I've been at it for weeks. x(

Any and ALL help is appreciated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
It's all on the other page dude. If you remove the line of text I mentioned above it will remove the smiley key and add the enter key. At this point, for me, pressing enter sends the text. One guy mentioned that it didn't work for him. So right beside the line mentioned above you'll have:

android:imeOptions="actionSend|flagNoEnterAction"

actionSend designates the enter key to have the send action, but flagNoEnterAction is supposed to tell the enter key to not have an action (my interpretation from the developer resource site). On my actual apk I use I have removed the |textShortMessage and my imeOptions look like this:

android:imeOptions="actionSend|flagNoExtractUi"

Using this I have an enter key and pressing it sends the message. The flag that is passed tells the ime to not use fullscreen so that when you're in landscape your text entry doesn't fill up the whole screen. Note that only works on the text entry part. When composing a new message the ime goes fullscreen in the To: entry because it's pulling up a recipients editor which I guess is designed to go full screen. I suppose you could edit the source of the recipients_editor.java file and try some things but that's beyond my capabilities at the moment. You can also specify flagNoFullScreen which as far as I can tell accomplishes the same thing, and there are different actions you can use as well. If you just wanted the enter key to send and have the ime remain full screen I ASSume you could just remove the flag.

Read all about it here - http://developer.android.com/resources/articles/on-screen-inputs.html

·
Developer Knight
542 Posts
It's all on the other page dude. If you remove the line of text I mentioned above it will remove the smiley key and add the enter key. At this point, for me, pressing enter sends the text. One guy mentioned that it didn't work for him. So right beside the line mentioned above you'll have:

android:imeOptions="actionSend|flagNoEnterAction"

actionSend designates the enter key to have the send action, but flagNoEnterAction is supposed to tell the enter key to not have an action (my interpretation from the developer resource site). On my actual apk I use I have removed the |textShortMessage and my imeOptions look like this:

android:imeOptions="actionSend|flagNoExtractUi"

Using this I have an enter key and pressing it sends the message. The flag that is passed tells the ime to not use fullscreen so that when you're in landscape your text entry doesn't fill up the whole screen. Note that only works on the text entry part. When composing a new message the ime goes fullscreen in the To: entry because it's pulling up a recipients editor which I guess is designed to go full screen. I suppose you could edit the source of the recipients_editor.java file and try some things but that's beyond my capabilities at the moment. You can also specify flagNoFullScreen which as far as I can tell accomplishes the same thing, and there are different actions you can use as well. If you just wanted the enter key to send and have the ime remain full screen I ASSume you could just remove the flag.

Read all about it here - http://developer.and...een-inputs.html
I've tried all of this, and to no avail. It is really stupid to me, because I found someone who modded the keyboard to have extra smilies, AND and enter key option as one of the smilies--it was as simple as adding a few numbers and letters. However, it won't work on v4.0.4 of Axi0m. That's why I asked you--you seemed like you knew your sh*t.
(Which, you do; don't get me wrong).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Hmm... well i've not messed with 4.04 any. I had a hell of a time just doing a simple 1% battery mod on the stock 4.02 even after I deodexed it. I never could get it to work. Compiled my own 4.03 rom and it worked on the first try. Could be something weird like that going on. I suppose for shiggles you could make a back up and load up a 4.0.3 and try your mods and see them work that way to assure yourself everything is done right (sounds like it is) but that will most likely be a waste of your time.

You got me curious now. If I didn't have so much shit to get done before Sunday night I would load up a 4.0.4 rom and try it out myself. I would keep trying cause if you were already into the IME's then it sounds like you know what you're doing. You'll get it :)

·
Developer Knight
542 Posts
Hmm... well i've not messed with 4.04 any. I had a hell of a time just doing a simple 1% battery mod on the stock 4.02 even after I deodexed it. I never could get it to work. Compiled my own 4.03 rom and it worked on the first try. Could be something weird like that going on. I suppose for shiggles you could make a back up and load up a 4.0.3 and try your mods and see them work that way to assure yourself everything is done right (sounds like it is) but that will most likely be a waste of your time.

You got me curious now. If I didn't have so much shit to get done before Sunday night I would load up a 4.0.4 rom and try it out myself. I would keep trying cause if you were already into the IME's then it sounds like you know what you're doing. You'll get it :)
I just loaded 4.0.4 last night. Edited my SystemUI so the notifications aren't transparent. Easy mod. I couldn't get any keyboard mods to work on 4.0.3. I'm actually running a custom MMS.apk on 4.0.4--the Mms.apk from 4.0.3. It seems to work well, I don't think anything major changed in 4.0.4. Speaking of which.... do you know how to make flash able themes? That would save time.

Sent from my Tab

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
If you mean make your own update.zips that's pretty easy but it may take a little trial and error and some reading to get it all understood. First thing I would do is take a few (for our phone) and open them up and see how they are structured. The important part is to look at the updater-script and see how they're laid out.

Here's a post I made with a little info on the subject
http://rootzwiki.com...ui/page__st__10

And of course if you're still unsure after that just google "make my own updater-script" and read a little.

I removed the "Roaming Indicator" from my pull down and lock screen and used an update.zip to write the new framework, here's what my updater-script looked like for that:

ui_print("Framework Modification");
show_progress(1.000000, 0);

ui_print("starting process");
set_progress(0.3);

ui_print("mounting SYSTEM...");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/system", "/system");

ui_print("copying framework");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

unmount("/system");
ui_print("finished");
show_progress(0.100000, 0);

ui_print - prints whatever message you specify on the screen

show_progress, set_progress - makes an indicator and measures progress by the numbers you specify (something like that)

mount - is how we mount the partition we want to mount. the one above mounts the system partition. i used one of pete's roms to see how he mounted stuff and just copy/pasted

package_extract_dir - will copy what you're specifying from the update.zip to the dir on the phone.

I'll post this file up so you can take a look at the structure and updater-script. There's a binary file that goes with it and you have to make sure that file is compatible with what you're doing. This one will surely work :)

I make my own and sign them, or you can use one that is already signed.

View attachment erimod - example.zip

Attachments

41 - 60 of 197 Posts