Android OS Forum banner
161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Me too. Just added a new .9 and had it called on in drawable instead of the picture frame in fw

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Developer Knight
542 Posts
Me too. Just added a new .9 and had it called on in drawable instead of the picture frame in fw

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
That was smarter. Lol. I found the line of code it was calling, and edited it. Fixed the problem. I spent about 3 hours trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could anyone do an iphone style with no time stamp.. i want the blue bubble for one and green for the other.. i would love for it to have a black background(save battery) and be able to send and receive emoji.. im on codename so please help if you can. thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey everyone. Great tutorial. I was wondering how i can add an image to the message thread rather then just a solid color. Id like to add my own custom image. I looked at some of the code and it calls on @drawable for some images but in the drawable folder its only xml... any suggestions on how i can do this?/ Thanks

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Ok so i guess another question is what size should the image be? Currently it is really small. the text overflows the image.
Add this to the XML line where the drawable image is called, and it should stretch to fill whatever layout you are putting it behind.

Code:
<br />
android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"<br />

·
Registered
33 Posts
Add this to the XML line where the drawable image is called, and it should stretch to fill whatever layout you are putting it behind.

Code:
<br />
android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"<br />
Hey thanks.. That worked...

Now a new issue

My sent messages bubble expands length of screen.. I want it to only extend with the text like the received does... how can i correct this?

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Hey thanks.. That worked...

Now a new issue

My sent messages bubble expands length of screen.. I want it to only extend with the text like the received does... how can i correct this?
In the message_list_item_send.xml, on the line that calls the drawable for "hairline_right".

Make sure you have this

Code:
<br />
android:layout_width="wrap_content"<br />
And this

Code:
<br />
android:layout_alignParentLeft="false"<br />

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
In conversation view, is it possible to remove, or make transparent, the other person's phone number, that shows up under their name in the header?

Sent from my Twisted ICS Bolt

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just found this and I am so thankful that someone was willing to put the time into making such a detailed 'how to'. I ran into an issue right off the bat however... I am using TextWrangler and the .xmls are not showing up properly. The first task I wanted to tackle was the background and when I opened the .xml the line I am looking for isn't there. I am editing adamthecashew's mms.apk from AOKP and when I open the [background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]listitem_background.xml all I see is the following:[/background]

‰< 4Rdº¿'state_selecteddrawable
state_pressedandroid*http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/androidselectoritemÄ°ôߡˇˇˇ$ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇLˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇ`ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇLˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇ

I have already themed (almost) all of the .png files and installed it and it is working wonderfully, but I just cant figure out the background.

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
I just found this and I am so thankful that someone was willing to put the time into making such a detailed 'how to'. I ran into an issue right off the bat however... I am using TextWrangler and the .xmls are not showing up properly. The first task I wanted to tackle was the background and when I opened the .xml the line I am looking for isn't there. I am editing adamthecashew's mms.apk from AOKP and when I open the [background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]listitem_background.xml all I see is the following:[/background]

‰< 4Rdº¿'state_selecteddrawable
state_pressedandroid*http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/androidselectoritemÄ°ôߡˇˇˇ$ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇLˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇ`ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇLˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇ

I have already themed (almost) all of the .png files and installed it and it is working wonderfully, but I just cant figure out the background.
That is very strange. Stupid question, but you did decompile the apk before attempting to edit the xmls right?

If that isn't the issue I would suggest using something like notepad++ or another text editor and see if that fixes things.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
294 Posts
That is very strange. Stupid question, but you did decompile the apk before attempting to edit the xmls right?

If that isn't the issue I would suggest using something like notepad++ or another text editor and see if that fixes things.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
When you say decompile what do you mean? Maybe I did that wrong? And I can't use notepad++, I am using a Mac (running newest OS).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

161 - 180 of 197 Posts