Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Okie.. so I am struck for last four-five hours. I think, I flashed the old recovery image and then when I rebooted after finishing the install, it is just struck at this yellow triangle. I tried everything I could find but none of them is working. Windows is not recognizing Kindle Fire, it is listed as unknown device in device manager and I tried use the driver which I used at the time of rooting but windows does not accept them. Fastboot keeps waiting for the device.
Although I am fairly handy at all these things, but as I am not a dev thus not able to figure this one out. Any help would be appreciated.
I am in the same exact spot. Please help. I cannot get fastboot at all.

I followed the updated instructions with the updated file from this morning over on the kindle fire thread.

I did not use the method below:

dd if=/sdcard/twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
dd if=/sdcard/u-boot.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2

I followed the instructions in the thread above and on the kff forum over in XDA.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
I'm stuck at the yellow triangle as well. No adb or fastboot. I'm just posting to let others know. I'll keep checking back for solutions. It'll be great to get ics up and running! Also, thanks to the devs for the hard work.
I think those of us stuck at the yellow triangle are permanently bricked.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
No you are not perma bricked, the delay that U-Boot has is too short for Fastboot to recognize on Windows. For a fix we will have to get you booted into linux I beleive.
I have my system set up to dual boot into unbuntu or windows. I have never adb or fastbooted in there though.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Also if none of the above is working. Try the following:

1. Reboot your PC. The reason is that it still thinks your Android device is still connected (you'll see this in Device Manager).
2. Once rebooted, connect your Kindle again via USB. You'll probably hear 3 tones (which means it recognized a device, but didn't load any drivers). In device manager, you'll see a device just called "kindle" with an exclamation point by it. At this point, you'll need to install drivers for it again. Pick "Browse my computer for driver software" BUT don't browse, just click on "Let me pick from a list...", and select "Android Phone" and then pick the newest "Android Composite ADB Interface" from the list. I think you may have 4.0.0.0 or something similar (you may have only a 2.x version possibly depending on which drivers you loaded to root your phone).
3. Once you've done that, you'll need to run the following:

Code:
<br />
fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000<br />
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot<br />
hopefully fastboot will be working again.

thanks to http://forum.xda-dev...5&postcount=222
Thanks Pyro.. I am back up and running again. Thanks to you. and.. thanks to you and the team I now have an awesome recovery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts