Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm stuck at the yellow triangle as well. No adb or fastboot. I'm just posting to let others know. I'll keep checking back for solutions. It'll be great to get ics up and running! Also, thanks to the devs for the hard work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can someone try something for me. Try running the following while on that "Yellow Triangle" screen. Plug in your kindle and try running:

Code:
fastboot -1 0x18d1 boot[font=monospace] [/font]twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img<br />
If it says <Waiting for Device>

hard reset your kindle

if it still says <Waiting for Device> use (CTRL+C) to stop the command and run

Code:
<br />
fastboot devices<br />
and let me know what it says.

Furthermore if it runs the install again. at the screen where it says "Reboot" type the following
Code:
<br />
adb shell<br />
idme bootmode 4000<br />
No luck. I ran
Code:
<br />
fastboot -i 0x18d1 boot twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img<br />
Windows doesn't recognize the device. Device manager shows an unrecognized usb device and the modified driver won't install. Hope this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also if none of the above is working. Try the following:

1. Reboot your PC. The reason is that it still thinks your Android device is still connected (you'll see this in Device Manager).
2. Once rebooted, connect your Kindle again via USB. You'll probably hear 3 tones (which means it recognized a device, but didn't load any drivers). In device manager, you'll see a device just called "kindle" with an exclamation point by it. At this point, you'll need to install drivers for it again. Pick "Browse my computer for driver software" BUT don't browse, just click on "Let me pick from a list...", and select "Android Phone" and then pick the newest "Android Composite ADB Interface" from the list. I think you may have 4.0.0.0 or something similar (you may have only a 2.x version possibly depending on which drivers you loaded to root your phone).
3. Once you've done that, you'll need to run the following:

Code:
<br />
fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000<br />
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot<br />
hopefully fastboot will be working again.

thanks to http://forum.xda-dev...5&postcount=222
No luck for this method either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
To fix this in windows, I had to add the vendor ID 0x18d1 and
Code:
<br />
%SingleAdbInterface%		= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0100<br />
%CompositeAdbInterface%	 = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0100&MI_01<br />
to the android_winusb.inf (PID came from properties/detail under device manager)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks a ton Pyrostic and Team Win! I just restored my Fire to stock and it worked like a charm. I did have to set the bootmode manually to get out of recovery, but that could have been because of something I did. At any rate, it's time to overclock this thing and bless it with some ICS goodness.

I'm currently stuck in fastboot and cannot get drivers to install. kindle shows up as unknown device, if i try to update driver is get errors (Code 43). tried adding vendor id 18d1 to usb.ini and lines to winusb.inf and still cannot get driver to install. appreciate any help i can get.

got it working, wish i followed these instructions from the start...
Glad you got it working. As for the lines for the .inf, if it happens again (and let's hope it doesn't), get the VID and PID from the device manager.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks man. I'll try it when I get off of work tonight at nine. I'll let you know how it goes!

Edit-Okay so I tried adding the new device code. Saved the android-winusb files and then plugged my kindle in. Nothing happened. It still continues to show the device for a second or two then the light changes again and It disappears from Device Manager.
Have you tried the fire utility over at xda? It seems to be getting some love (not to mention results).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts