Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wishe this helped but I'm still stuck, I was on Milestone 5 updated to 35 today needed to do a backup it wouldn't reboot into recovery so I (stupidly) three fingered it. problem is I can't get my comp to recognize that my fascinate is connected, the phone goes into recovery, but doesn't shoe up in odin, I have insyalled uninstalled reinstalled re dowlnloaded etc samsung drivers. the phone is never recognized on xp or win7

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Again, this is for when you aren't near a computer to be able to Odin. I understand it's much faster to just Odin a new recovery, but if you're not near a computer and your phone screws up, you'd be without a phone until you could get to a computer.
no way dude. 5-10 minutes to Odin back to stock. Add another 15-20 minutes to go through the flashing it takes to get back to ics. im not kidding, this is way faster, great job.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
I wishe this helped but I'm still stuck, I was on Milestone 5 updated to 35 today needed to do a backup it wouldn't reboot into recovery so I (stupidly) three fingered it. problem is I can't get my comp to recognize that my fascinate is connected, the phone goes into recovery, but doesn't shoe up in odin, I have insyalled uninstalled reinstalled re dowlnloaded etc samsung drivers. the phone is never recognized on xp or win7
in recovery go to mounts and storage and mount sd card. then drop on the needed roms and follow instructions in the op.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah thanks for a great post man. I flashed build 10 last week and today some how got stuck in the samsung logo screen. So here's how i got out of it,
-odin cwm fixed for cm7
-3 finger recovery
-flash build 10 from sd card.

it booted successfully and all my settings were there! now i gotta do the titanium backup ASAP
this saved my day!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I'm stuck in a recovery loop. I've tried everything in this thread, but nothing seems to work. I started with a stock Mesmerize, rooted it, Odin'd cwm4 for cm7, then THS 2, then to THS 6.5. Everything was working great. But, I missed the part about not 3-fingering it, and 3-fingered it. I tried both nandroids I made, one of stock, and one of ICS, but neither worked. I tried reflashing back to stock from Odin, more than once, and each time it says it completed, but does nothing. I've tried flashing pretty much everything I found to try recovery, and no luck. I even tried the official Samsung utility, connect in download modeI. It asked if I needed to fix my phone, it did it's thingm said it worked, but nothing. Now, my phone doesn't even show the Samsung logo when it turns on, but just goes into recovery.

There are some errors that pop up in recovery, such as the following:

When it starts up, right away I get
ClockworkMod Recovery v4.0.1.0
E:Cant mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Cant mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Cant open /cache/recovery/log
E:Cant mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Cant open /cache/recovery/last_log
Wiping the cache:
-- Wiping cache...
Formatting /cache...
Error mounting /cache!
Skipping format...
Cache wipe complete.
Data wipe:
-- Wiping data...
FOrmatting /data...
Formatting /cache...
Error mounting /cache!
Skipping format...
Formatting /datadata...
Error mounting /datadata!
Skipping format...
Formatting /sd-ext...
Formatting /sdcard/.android_secure...
Data wipe complete.
Installing any roms gives me:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.
Except for the THS builds (1, 2, and 6.5), which all give me:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Checking statle of BLM/MTD
The last part stays on the screen for only a couple seconds, with a status bar that just slightly begins to fill, then it reboots, back to recovery right away.

Im not sure what else to try, and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Just checked out a few more things in the log. After wiping the dalvik cache, this is what the log file says:
E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]
mount:mmounting /dev/block/stl11 on /cache failed: Invalid argument
W:failed to mount /dev/block/stl11 (File exists)
W:failed to mount /dev/block/stl11 (Invalid argument)
rm: can't remove '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
rm: can't remove '/cache/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
rm: can't remove '/sd-ext/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
Using the fix permission option gives me this in the log:
/sbin/fix_permissions 2.04 started at 01-01-2000 00:06:12
cat: cant open '/data/system/packages.xml': No such file or directory
cat: cant open '/data/system/packages.xml': No such file or directory
/sbin/fix_permissions 2.04 ended at 01-01-2000 00:06:12 (Runtime:0m:0s)
Done!

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I'm stuck in a recovery loop. I've tried everything in this thread, but nothing seems to work. I started with a stock Mesmerize, rooted it, Odin'd cwm4 for cm7, then THS 2, then to THS 6.5. Everything was working great. But, I missed the part about not 3-fingering it, and 3-fingered it. I tried both nandroids I made, one of stock, and one of ICS, but neither worked. I tried reflashing back to stock from Odin, more than once, and each time it says it completed, but does nothing. I've tried flashing pretty much everything I found to try recovery, and no luck. I even tried the official Samsung utility, connect in download modeI. It asked if I needed to fix my phone, it did it's thingm said it worked, but nothing. Now, my phone doesn't even show the Samsung logo when it turns on, but just goes into recovery.

There are some errors that pop up in recovery, such as the following:

When it starts up, right away I get

Wiping the cache:

Data wipe:

Installing any roms gives me:

Except for the THS builds (1, 2, and 6.5), which all give me:

The last part stays on the screen for only a couple seconds, with a status bar that just slightly begins to fill, then it reboots, back to recovery right away.

Im not sure what else to try, and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Just checked out a few more things in the log. After wiping the dalvik cache, this is what the log file says:

Using the fix permission option gives me this in the log:
just a thought: when you Odin'ed back to stock did you check the "Re-Partition" or "Phone EFS Clear", or "Phone Bootloader" checkboxes? Perhaps try them one, two and three at a time.I had similar problems, checked all three, and was able to get the phone to boot back into stock. I'm not sure if I needed all 3 to be checked -- I ended up having to do a *228 re-activation of my phone service.

·
Chief Smartass
2,014 Posts
So....

What if you're in a recovery bootloop in CWM v5.5.0.4? My girl had to pull her battery, went to boot like normal and we can't get out of it. I've reflashed the ROM and it will hit the Samsung logo (flash once) show it again, then go back into recovery.

Did I mention I hate this phone more than anything? I've had locked down Motos that were not near as big of a PITA as this f**king phone.

Please help....

·
Registered
125 Posts
i thought this phone was rather easy to mess with. odin has fixed everything i have ever messed up. you just need to go to the right stock version and start all over.

·
Forum Hopper
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So....

What if you're in a recovery bootloop in CWM v5.5.0.4? My filly had to pull her battery, went to boot like normal and we can't get out of it. I've reflashed the ROM and it will hit the Samsung logo (flash once) show it again, then go back into recovery.

Did I mention I hate this phone more than anything? I've had locked down Motos that were not near as big of a PITA as this f**king phone.

Please help....
Did you follow the OP? It has been foolproof for me.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
GAH! Wish I would have seen this 3 day's ago before I assumed my phone was bricked and bought a new SIII. For some reason my computer wasn't able to connect my phone so I couldn't ODIN it back to stock. I thought my phone was bricked. I saw this thread and on a whim decided to give it a shot and low and behold the phone is fixed! Now if I can convince my wife to return the SIII life will be good...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a note, I was on THS 6.5 (CM9) with this bug and thought I was smart and could go straight to CM10 instead of downgrading to CM7 first, that didn't work and made it worse, would just loop the Samsung logo, not even go into recovery anymore. So I had to Odin back to stock GB, and go from there.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts