This is a brief tutorial on how to disable the paginated scrolling in the Sense launcher. The same concept can be applied to both Sense 2.1 and 3.0. It is a fairly simple mod, but requires knowledge of baksmali. This tutorial will not cover how to use baksmali.
- Decompile com.htc.framework.jar
- Open /com/htc/widget/PagedGridView.smali
- Find three instances of mEnableScrollByPage where the line begins with iput
- Change the local variable on each line to one declared as 0x0
<br /> const/4 v0, 0x1<br /> <br /> const/4 v2, 0x0<br /> <br /> const/4 v1, 0x0<br /> <br /> Original:<br /> iput-boolean [B][COLOR="Red"]v0[/COLOR][/B], p0, Lcom/htc/widget/PagedGridView;->mEnableScrollByPage:Z<br /> <br /> Changed:<br /> iput-boolean [COLOR="Red"][B]v1[/B][/COLOR], p0, Lcom/htc/widget/PagedGridView;->mEnableScrollByPage:Z
- There should be three; one in each constructor
- Recompile and push to /system/framework