Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
214 Posts
Guys, just following HTC on twitter and after Imo asked for the source it was released. I have been flashing ROMS for I don't know how long and I'm embarrassed to say I don't know exactly what this gives us. Can someone briefly explain to us bottom feeders
exactly what we get with this now? More reliability?

Thanks,

Forever a noobie!

·
Android Lover
417 Posts
A kernel built for our phone, it can be tweaked and moded from ground up for gingerbread. Kernel developers have had to barrow from others phone codes since the Thunderbolt didn't have a source code for gingerbread till now.

·
appul pls
411 Posts
Guys, just following HTC on twitter and after Imo asked for the source it was released. I have been flashing ROMS for I don't know how long and I'm embarrassed to say I don't know exactly what this gives us. Can someone briefly explain to us bottom feeders
exactly what we get with this now? More reliability?

Thanks,

Forever a noobie!
Should be better reliability, better battery life, easier to get other features implemented, all around the system should be much "smoother". The only thing us users need to worry about, is that everything goes up from here

·
Android Lover
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All the current dev kernels will only get better and we will see even more pop up. I know Lou makes great kernels and was waiting for release too. I'm excited.

·
Android Pimp
101 Posts
All the current dev kernels will only get better and we will see even more pop up. I know Lou makes great kernels and was waiting for release too. I'm excited.
Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

Definitely, I'm hoping adrynalyne or someone from team bamf starts working on some kernels now that the source dropped.

·
Android Apprentice
214 Posts
Should be better reliability, better battery life, easier to get other features implemented, all around the system should be much "smoother". The only thing us users need to worry about, is that everything goes up from here
Great guys, thanks for the replies.

·
Team Ignition Kernel Developer
60 Posts
PapaSmurf6768 said:
I don't think so; AOSP is a whole different ball game. Will help Sense a TON though.
Shouldn't we get some newer driver binaries? For example, wireless connectivity and stability. Or maybe they can iron out the in-call volume bugs. Some features can be cherry-picked out of this kernel and ported to the AOSP kernels as well.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using RootzWiki Forums

·
Average Android
377 Posts
admiralspark said:
Shouldn't we get some newer driver binaries? For example, wireless connectivity and stability. Or maybe they can iron out the in-call volume bugs. Some features can be cherry-picked out of this kernel and ported to the AOSP kernels as well.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using RootzWiki Forums
Agreed on part that it should help some would think they would benefit from certain portions

·
Indubitably
706 Posts
Not with roms really. This is just source for the kernel, ie making it easier for devs to make smoother and cleaner kernels. Potentially unlocking more performance.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts