Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Apprenticess
74 Posts
So yeah... the bf and I are rooted with custom roms (Cyanogen)... my bf's brother just got a phone, and after playing on my phone, he is a bit jealous. I told him "no prob... I rooted my phone and the bf's... gimme a day or two to research it." SOOOO yeah... been searching around and have found this phone, but not the carrier... cricket has this phone as well. Anyone know what I should do to root this first??? then i will worry about a custom rom...

Thanks guysspecs: android v. 2.3.5build #: M865

·
Android Apprenticess
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no root?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, if you haven't gotten that phone rooted yet, I'd recommend this apk:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez5y333934oiqdm/Poot-debug.apk
Unfortunately, I'm on Cricket's Ascend 2 and this program worked flawlessly.
The only reason I say unfortunately is because my previous phone recently went missing, then appeared for sale on Craigslist... but so it goes.
But back to the question at hand, the apk in the link, "poot," is ridiculously easy. Install it, open it,and it will prompt you to download another app from Google play store. I believe it's called "minostro 2" or something to that effect. Download it, run it, restart your phone when prompted, and you'll be rooted. There's a built in root checker too. Worked for me, but it took two attempts. Now I'm rooted and running cm7 ultimate 2.
Pm me with any questions, enjoy!

Sent from my m865 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts