Android OS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sith Lord
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody got the Hulu Plus app to actually work on their Thunderbolt yet? It says now supporting the Tbolt, but when in app it says device not supported.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using RootzWiki Forums

·
Average Android
74 Posts
Absolutely no luck with the Hulu+ app here. Hopefully it will not be long before they fix it.

·
Android Apprentice
55 Posts
I haven't tried any paid content but the free video's work just fine for me. I'm stock rooted mr2.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
I know I've heard people say that they are getting the "device not supported" message while running CM 7 on the Bolt, and I can confirm that is the case for me as well. I haven't tried it on any other ROM.

·
Average Android
74 Posts
I should have stated that I am running OMFGB in my last post. So I can confirm its not working on that.

·
Supporting Member
31 Posts
I get video playback not supported on CM7.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
I wrote to support about it not working on BAMF 2.1. On 2.1 I could run the app and pull the list of shows, etc. But when it went to play nothing would play.

I loaded the RC4.9 this afternoon and get nothing but FC when running the app.

The support guy came back and said, sorry, too bad, we don't support rooted phones.

Thanks for trying Hulu Plus! As it turns out, we do not support rooted devices as it's difficult for our developers to troubleshoot issues and release updates on devices that are rooted. I do apologize.

Per your request, to cancel your Hulu Plus subscription, you can visit your Account page ( www.hulu.com/account ), click Cancel subscription in the Billing Information section, and you'll be taken to another page to confirm. If you cancel before your Free Trial ends, you will not be charged.

If you cancel your Hulu Plus account in the first month of paid service, there is no refund -- but you will continue to have access to the Hulu Plus service until the end of your billing cycle. If you want to cancel your subscription immediately with no access to Hulu Plus for the rest of the month, please go to your account profile page and click on the "Cancel Today" option.

After the first month, if you decide to cancel your Hulu Plus subscription, you will get a prorated refund for that month's subscription. Refunds are prorated by day (Eastern Time).

I regret we lost you today, but I understand the reasons for your cancellation. Hopefully, we'll see you again when the Hulu Plus service is a better fit for your needs. In the meantime, you can still enjoy watching your favorite shows for free on Hulu.com.

·
Sith Lord
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm running stock unrooted right now and still can't get it to work. No playback whatsoever.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I had buffering and force close errors until I reverted my hosts file using Adfree Android. It's working great now (on BAMF 3.0)

Sent from my ADR6400L using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I used Scriptfusions option in menu to disable the ad blocking as reverting my hosts to an original state did not seem to fix the problem. I tried not only adfree but also the option within DasBamf toolbox.

Hulu+ app now works for me.

Bamf 1.8

1 - 17 of 17 Posts