Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Supporting Member
54 Posts
ericerk said:
View attachment 382 I just got the droidx2 into custom recovery!!!!!!! I am currently working with the dev of this to make sure everything is working... Cheers for now
sooooo, great news!?!? Is this one step closer to getting around the locked bootloader?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
superwrench1 said:
sooooo, great news!?!? Is this one step closer to getting around the locked bootloader?
Not even, its the first step to getting a ROM THAT ACTUALLY WORKS

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
papibone5 said:
Its about time can't wait til custom rom now baby
I'm actually testing the rom pretty soon... but remember this is all pre alpha stuff at the moment, so its really buggy and crapy and just crap atm

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
ericerk said:
I'm actually testing the rom pretty soon... but remember this is all pre alpha stuff at the moment, so its really buggy and crapy and just crap atm
Us dx2 user just happy to have a starting point this phone can be a monster with some dev support..

·
Registered
982 Posts
papibone5 said:
Us dx2 user just happy to have a starting point this phone can be a monster with some dev support..
Honestly i hate to say this cuz it hurts but give it a couple months, the dev's thats i've talked to have said that they're planning on getting the device... and with the system recovery that will be up and running it may be sooner, now we just play the waiting game, and i talk to the man behind cyanogen he said that their is a good chance their will be a dx2 version,

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
Hell just get us a custom recovery and ill figure on how to make my own roms...I use to do it with the my WinMo phones, never really bothered with any of my android phones becuase there were always plenty of dev support for them. Looks like ill have to start learning. Deffinitely a great day for the DX2. I just came from a Droid Charge which I still have sitting on my dresser and I am contemplating on selling it or not, but I think Moto devices have such a great build quality which is why I always keep going back regardless of their bootloader policy.

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
ericerk said:
Honestly i hate to say this cuz it hurts but give it a couple months, the dev's thats i've talked to have said that they're planning on getting the device... and with the system recovery that will be up and running it may be sooner, now we just play the waiting game, and i talk to the man behind cyanogen he said that their is a good chance their will be a dx2 version,
I don't mind waiting that's the reason I gave up my thunderbolt cuz I know in due time dev will jump on this beast and unleash it. Cm7 on a x2 will be ground breaking especially with this duel core the sky is the limit with this device. Patiently waiting good thing always happen to those who wait

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
This is great, my [email protected] is rooted and waiting patiently for support from Dev's. I knew it would happen. I would still have my DX which was perfect but my wife dropped and and smashed the screen, so Asurion sent me a DX2. Patience !!!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ADB IS FAILING ME AND I NEED TO RUN THIS TO GET BACK TO THE DEV OF CLOCKWORK RECOVERY FOR THE DX2 :D
this would help al lot thanx in advance

adb shell cat /proc/partitions
adb shell mount
adb shell dmesg | more

the sooner i get help the soon this is gonna be released :D

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
dont mind my lack of knowledge when it comes to this, but what are you asking for help with? Im not quite understanding ya. Ill try to help you if i can.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
Bradh00 said:
dont mind my lack of knowledge when it comes to this, but what are you asking for help with? Im not quite understanding ya. Ill try to help you if i can.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Honestly, your question posed might make one think you cant help. Seems like geek/dev talk! lol

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
quadjacks said:
Honestly, your question posed might make one think you cant help. Seems like geek/dev talk! lol
it involves the android sdk and adb, but the eta to download (for me) will be days, so if any could help xDDD

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
adb shell cat /proc/partitions
--

adb shell mount
--

adb shell dmesg | more
--

The last one, if you hold enter keeps going. I am familiar with ADB, but don't understand this last command.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.