Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Android Addict
310 Posts
ericerk said:
ADB IS FAILING ME AND I NEED TO RUN THIS TO GET BACK TO THE DEV OF CLOCKWORK RECOVERY FOR THE DX2 :D
this would help al lot thanx in advance

adb shell cat /proc/partitions
adb shell mount
adb shell dmesg | more

the sooner i get help the soon this is gonna be released :D
Are you just looking for the output log?

NVM! LOL someone beat me to it. :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Bradh00 said:
i gottcha now i havent had to use sdk for over a year now, still sounds like its way over my head. hopefully my it classes help me out some

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
lolz.

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
ericerk said:
right after boot complete run

adb shell demsg | more

plz and thank you!
Well I am trying to attach the picture of the dmesg but I keep getting errors. While attaching the pics

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Wow. This makes me terribly happy. I jumped from an HTC Hero to the Droid X2 just in time to follow it being hacked? This is awesome!

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I'm at work and cant run anything on my phone, but I think something like "adb shell dmesg > output.txt" would be a bit easier. that should redirect the output into a text file, which is easier to parse/read.

I've been programming and running linux for a few years, I just dont really know the android platform very well yet. dx2 is my first phone running the google platform ^.^
Is there any resource I can read on the significance of custom recoveries and the like? Thanks!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
cakofony said:
I'm at work and cant run anything on my phone, but I think something like "adb shell dmesg > output.txt" would be a bit easier. that should redirect the output into a text file, which is easier to parse/read.

I've been programming and running linux for a few years, I just dont really know the android platform very well yet. dx2 is my first phone running the google platform ^.^
Is there any resource I can read on the significance of custom recoveries and the like? Thanks!
To be honest i'm not too sure

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
cakofony said:

you might want to check koush's website, he is the creator of clockwork mod custom recovery which is probably the most used custom recovery. i believe ther is one other called aman rah or something like that. i think he is another xda user as well. i am sure they have githubs with their code.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
papibone5 said:
So what's the latest news on this im just so excited that some one even attempt to even work on this device
Latest news is that right now the back ups work, but i can't restore... its going pretty well, i have no clue when this will be released but it should be soon, hey maybe koush will beat us....

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
ericerk said:
Latest news is that right now the back ups work, but i can't restore... its going pretty well, i have no clue when this will be released but it should be soon, hey maybe koush will beat us....
Keep up the good work dude and just maybe koush would hook us up :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
papibone5 said:
Keep up the good work dude and just maybe koush would hook us up :)
I hope koush will hook us up but the system is gonna be weird either way, your gonna have to be plugged into the wall to get into recovery... but i'll keep you updated... as long as you remind me :D

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
ericerk said:
I hope koush will hook us up but the system is gonna be weird either way, your gonna have to be plugged into the wall to get into recovery... but i'll keep you updated... as long as you remind me :D
Cool man keep us updated thanks

21 - 40 of 78 Posts