Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
hey ericerk this is great but is there any way we can get the recovery and steps for what you have now because having back ups now for when restores do happen that would be great. I have used recovery on some tablets that need to be plugged in to boot into recovery which is one extra step but it works. Great work

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
+1 I would really like to be able to run backups now to be able to do more testing with bloat removal instead of just freezing. It would also be nince to have a full, rooted non bloat frozen backut to revert to also, incase of any event...

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
i gotta say that all the credit goes to Tenfar Lin, he's Doing all of the development, i just found the exploit, and test

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
Good to know. Thanks Tenfar Lin!!! And thank you ericerk for the response/update/info! Good to know someone out there with more capabilities is doing what they can for the rest of us and giving us hope!!

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
I cant wait, maybe this will make me not hate this phone soo much

·
Average Android
72 Posts
I'm fairly new to this but I just wanna say thanks for working on this phone. This is my 2nd rooted phone, DX being my first, and I'm eagerly awaiting for rom so this thing can be the beast its waiting to be.....cant wait! Thanks again

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
rp076 said:
I'm fairly new to this but I just wanna say thanks for working on this phone. This is my 2nd rooted phone, DX being my first, and I'm eagerly awaiting for rom so this thing can be the beast its waiting to be.....cant wait! Thanks again
xDDD i can't wait for a rom, i should be hearing about some soon... BTW IF ANYONE IS WORKING ON ROMS EMAIL ME

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
So how is the recovery coming along. Have you made any more progress since you last got the dmesg at boot up from relegion.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
i really recommend to start pestering koush, cuz my dev friend is kinda not doing anything atm... so... but i do need a rom to test, if i get a rom to test and it works... well i'd release it in the state its in...

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
ericerk said:
i really recommend to start pestering koush, cuz my dev friend is kinda not doing anything atm... so... but i do need a rom to test, if i get a rom to test and it works... well i'd release it in the state its in...
So release it in the state it -is- in, and all relevant source and resources and let everyone have a go?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
malianx said:
So release it in the state it -is- in, and all relevant source and resources and let everyone have a go?
have a go with what? its just an app that can't really do anything useful except freeze at times.... i really wanna deliver not give you a half assed attempt

·
Average Android
72 Posts
ericerk said:
have a go with what? its just an app that can't really do anything useful except freeze at times.... i really wanna deliver not give you a half assed attempt
Think everybodies just ready for something to come along for this phone lol I mean its nice to atleast have root, but really sucks without a whole lot of options to do with it. Bout the only useful app I've found for this is root tools. Atleast I can change my font n boot page...some cm7 sure would be great!!

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
ericerk said:
Eric has nothing but words. He doesn't even know what a recovery is apparently. When I see source, I'll take that seriously.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts