Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
coming from an htc thunderbolt do you guys think i would enjoy this phone minus not having 4g which is not a huge deal. i have a pending trade and im trying to make up my mind or hold off for the htc vigor.

can you give me any pros/cons?

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
I love this phone. There will be no 4g in my area for 2 years. The inc 2 is everything I need in a phone.

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
I honestly wouldn't trade i got my wife the inc 2 and my tb blows it away. Pros for the tb.. bigger screen, 4g, a lot more development, battery life is about the same, I don't live in 4g coverage though. Everything else is practically identical

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bradh00 said:
I honestly wouldn't trade i got my wife the inc 2 and my tb blows it away. Pros for the tb.. bigger screen, 4g, a lot more development, battery life is about the same, I don't live in 4g coverage though. Everything else is practically identical

my 4g sucks here and i get the random reboots so its time to go.

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
I haven't had a reboot since I started using synergy nightlies, my wifes phone started rebooting randomly a couple days ago, and she's also been complaining that her touch screen hasn't been responsive lately

·
Android Apprentice
73 Posts
i've had a bolt and a dinc2. I love my dinc way more. the bolt had horrendous battery life and was buggy as hell for me. my dinc don't skip a beat though I love it

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
.3 inches of screen size difference not 3.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Bradh00 said:

battery life is nowhere near the same...wife has a bolt and i have a dinc2, but running custom kernels and i get double her battery life...on stock vs stock its the same

·
Android Apprentice
73 Posts
yep I get about double the battery life on this as a did the bolt. and if you like aosp roms the bolt is not for you, they destroy battery even more. with the dinc aosp gives me better batt life than sense. and don't get me started on those damn random reboots on the bolt

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
I'm not much of a sense fan. I love omfgb on the inc2.

·
Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine
2,243 Posts
dinc2 is a great device. Never a random reboot (on stock, CM7 or MIUI). My current setup that works great is MIUI with Tiamat 1.1.2 kernel. The Tiamat kernel is the only one that is as loud as the stock kernel with sense as far as speaker and earpiece volume. I find the battery life to be phenomenal on either stock or MIUI. I am liking how fluid MIUI is and how it seems to be a little more polished all around the OS. I don't like the i* launcher copy, so GO Launcher over that and problem solved. Great device and awesome battery. Wish the reception was a little better in fringe areas, but I have yet to drop a call. The screen size difference is not that big of a difference. I came from a DX and didn't really even notice the screen size difference that much. If you don't need 4g, then this is the perfect replacement for the tbolt.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Abqnm, are you having any issues with miui, ie calls, messages, camera, etc? I really want to go aosp, but can't until all those are resolved. Thanks!

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
If you want Aosp, you can't beat OMFGB.

·
Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine
2,243 Posts
tats said:
Abqnm, are you having any issues with miui, ie calls, messages, camera, etc? I really want to go aosp, but can't until all those are resolved. Thanks!
MIUI is not AOSP, but is a fantastic ROM if you get rid of the launcher. Just more polished overall and the mix and match theming is nice too. I have had zero problems with calls, messages or camera. The only issue with the camera is if you are on a widescreen resolution it will give you a weird shutter image and you can't review the picture. Just set it to the full 8mp and you are golden. I really have not had any issues with the ROM as long as I change the kernel.

If you want more AOSP style, CM7 or OMFGB are great options, but again I would use the Tiamat kernel.

I just installed jdkoreclipse's JD Kernel nightly for 9/6 and it has better audio volume now, like Tiamat, but it seems a bit snappier and my benchmark scores are much higher with this kernel (Quadrant almost 3000 at stock speed fast). Going to tweak it a bit and try it out and see how it goes for battery life. Tiamat 1.1.2 definitely is the best combo with MIUI so far. I will update on this after a few days.

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
I was under the impression MIUI is AOSP based, because It itself is based off cm7. MIUI i think is just a major redesign of the framework

1 - 20 of 22 Posts