Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Average Android
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I found some icons on deviant art that are for the iphone and I would like to somehow use them with launcher pro? I would I go about doing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 

·
Dirtbag and a jerk!
Joined
·
262 Posts
If they are .PNG's you can use them just put them on your sdcard. Then choose what you want on your dock and then it will ask if you want to use the default icon or a custom one choose the custom then choose the icon you want on your sdcard.
 

·
O_o
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
Do you want to replace the icons in the apps drawer or just on your homescreens and dock?
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gardobus said:
Do you want to replace the icons in the apps drawer or just on your homescreens and dock?
I want to replace the ones in the app drawer. I currently am using a icon pack that I purchased from the market, but I just found these icons that I would like to use. I am not sure how to make them into an icon pack so that launcher pro recognizes them.
 

·
Dirtbag and a jerk!
Joined
·
262 Posts
Unfortanly then you can use them. Launcher pro has its own themes and also can use adw but not iphone themes
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BrutalSauce said:
Unfortanly then you can use them. Launcher pro has its own themes and also can use adw but not iphone themes
Well is there anyway to like make a launcher pro theme? With the icons that I found.
 

·
O_o
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
Ok ok hold on.

What you have:
- Icons in regular file formats such as png, jpg, etc.

What you want:
- To replace app icons in the app drawer like themes from the market.

If that is correct then the only way to do that is with some programming knowledge because you need to package them in an apk just like those themes in the market.

What you CAN do is replace the icons that you have placed on your homescreens and dock.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
87 Posts
USING GIMP!

i was going to say open the images that you have, use the crop tool, and select everything, use the cut feature, and open a new image with the same width and height, paste it there, and save it as a .png, place it in the downloads, or wherever you want on your sdcard, run dev tools, and select media scanner, all pictures will then post to your gallery.
 

·
Sorry, I must be new here
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
VoidedSaint said:
USING GIMP!

i was going to say open the images that you have, use the crop tool, and select everything, use the cut feature, and open a new image with the same width and height, paste it there, and save it as a .png, place it in the downloads, or wherever you want on your sdcard, run dev tools, and select media scanner, all pictures will then post to your gallery.
All of the pictures on your sd card should be in your gallery already.
Also, you need to have the icons in a package to use them in Launcherpro's app drawer. It will work fine for the dock and homescreen with them out of a package though.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
87 Posts
got ya, and usually when i added new pics to the sd card, they wouldnt automatically show up, but when using media scanner, they would show up. maybe its my device..
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top