Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Grimace
418 Posts
Hey DH -

what does this DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD mean in the OP?

If I'm currently running Axiom on safe side of safestrap...?

·
Grimace
418 Posts
ok someone help please - I downloaded the latest (2/20) build and cannot get this to install properly in safestrap recovery on safe side. wiped everything, selected install from zip, choose zip from sdcard, external sd card, and install. It says "installing /sdcard/AOKP-4.0.3_r1_targa-2012-02-20-05_15.zip, and it simply says

"Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...

Install from sdcard complete."

I disabled safe side, downloaded to my Mac, copied to SD-EXT, and tried again, same deal. When I try to reboot, my device simply shuts off. going to toggle back to non-safe... maybe not enough battery? I'm actually connected to battery right now and it states it's at 40%.

Thoughts?

·
Grimace
418 Posts
Ok what am I missing. One, I can't keep a data signal on 3g or 4g when I leave my house, go into the subway and come out at work. Multiple reboots and toggles don't do squat.

Two, long pressing power simply reboots right back into aokp, I get no options and don't even see the safestrap screen.

Three and most minor does anyone know how to switch to a different keyboard? I don't get the option in the pulldown like in axiom.

Biggest problem for me is data...I like this rom a lot but can't be sitting here with nada. Had to pull battery to get safestrap to come up again so I could toggle back to nonsafe.

Tapatalked from my Bionic

·
Grimace
418 Posts
Don't enable torch out doesn't work and messed up reboot. You have to go in run control and enable ime switcher. No idea on the data as mine is solid

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M[R] using Tapatalk
Thanks Dh I'll give that a shot. Any thoughts on whether this rom has trouble locking onto a weak signal? I wonder if that is the problem....4g is weak and 3g is not great either inside my office but the problem also arises after going out of signal coverage (subway) - i have trouble reconnecting even outside on the street. Weird.

Tapatalked from my Bionic

·
Grimace
418 Posts
Nope. Nothing aside from the stuff in the Power Menu options (where I can toggle showing/hiding the torch thing). None of that matters because the power menu is the problem here.
Right, but the torch affects the power menu. Not sure what's what. Send a note to dhacker or droidth30ry. I know that's what cleared it up for me when I was running this one.

·
Grimace
418 Posts
ha - it is just a flashlight, but it's causing a bug - you should be able to long-press the power button and get a boot menu - airplane mode, reboot, etc. With the torch enabled it doesn't work properly and when you long-press the power button it just reboots directly into the rom, no option to get back into safestrap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.