Android OS Forum banner
201 - 218 of 218 Posts

·
Androddict
192 Posts
It's not a problem of wipe cache or data. The problem is with gapps. You get 8mp initially but after u flash the latest version of gapps you are back to 5mp.

Minimum: wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and format system when flashing a new build.

It doesn't hurt to wipe data as well and definitely DO NOT complain about something not working if you don't.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M using RootzWikI

·
Android Apprentice
355 Posts
It's not a problem of wipe cache or data. The problem is with gapps. You get 8mp initially but after u flash the latest version of gapps you are back to 5mp.
LOL, That doesn't make what I wrote any less correct. I can't imagine why flashing GAPPS would affect the camera. Weird.
I am on the latest AOKP|AXI0M and I only have 5mp on the stock camera app, but I have heard other camera apps from the market allow you to set to 8mp.

·
Androddict
192 Posts
Flashing gapps will affect your camera because in the flashing package there is a camera app which will overwrite the existing one. I don't have time to make another package but you can use the one i have attached in here:

8MP CAMERA: http://db.tt/oBJUI7SL

U need to copy paste with root explorer in ur system/app folder over the existing one.

LOL, That doesn't make what I wrote any less correct. I can't imagine why flashing GAPPS would affect the camera. Weird.
I am on the latest AOKP|AXI0M and I only have 5mp on the stock camera app, but I have heard other camera apps from the market allow you to set to 8mp.

·
Android Apprentice
355 Posts
Flashing gapps will affect your camera because in the flashing package there is a camera app which will overwrite the existing one. I don't have time to make another package but you can use the one i have attached in here:

8MP CAMERA: http://db.tt/oBJUI7SL

U need to copy paste with root explorer in ur system/app folder over the existing one.
WTF. Since when did the start putting a camera apk in GAPPS. I don't recall ever seeing that before.

·
Android Beginner
179 Posts
I didn't see anything in the OP about web top. Does any one know if its working? Or mirror mode?

Sent from my Droid2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a friend that just got this phone as a gift.

two questions:

1. Does this have Korean language options as system wide language support? if not, does anyone know of a bionic ROM/method to add that in?
2. Is this just the standard root, wipe, then flash rom and gapps like other samsung galaxy variants or is this device different in needs?

201 - 218 of 218 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.