Android OS Forum banner
141 - 160 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now on 2-24 ICS and 2-17 Gapps this morning, here are my initial thoughts after coming from 2-10:

- Camera will take photos but does force close for me after each photo taken

- I had to toggle GSM Only --> GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) a few times today to get data back

- Twitter app has FC'd a few times for me, never did with 2-10

- ICS Music app won't start, FC's as soon as I try to load it. The old Google Music app does work

- Having battery icon at top display increments is great (even if it is only by 10%)

- Google+ FC's like whoa

That is all for now. I did not wipe data when I flashed the new version so take this for what its worth. I just didn't have time to, still might if others don't notice these issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In another blow to Motorola and Verizon, the LED on my bionic worked for about a day after I bought it. Since then....nothing. It took me rooting the phone and installing these ICS roms (I have tried them all) to get my LED working. At least now i get consistent LED notifications with emails and missed calls. Keep up the good work everyone. If you ever need a guinea pig to test new builds, let me know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Long-pressing the power button doesn't bring up the power boot menu that we usually see (power down, screenshot, etc.) for me anymore. It does a super, super, SUPER fast reboot. Screen goes black and goes right to the team kang boot animation (skips the Motorola dual-core screen).

The whole process takes less than 10 seconds, which is insanely fast for a start up, but how do I get into recovery again without having to do a battery pull? Only after doing that and turning the phone on does the Moto dual-core screen come up and is followed by the safestrap screen.

So at this point, it's actually impossible for me to turn my phone off completely. Anyone else having this issue? Or did I play around with something in the settings that's doing this?

Also, though I'm eternally grateful for a working camera on an ICS ROM now, I wanted to point out that the camera supports only up to 5MP images at this point. Also no touch to focus. Is this the final/actual camera we'll eventually end up with with the official OTA? Hopefully it'll at least focus faster too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now on 2-24 ICS and 2-17 Gapps this morning, here are my initial thoughts after coming from 2-10:

- Camera will take photos but does force close for me after each photo taken

- I had to toggle GSM Only --> GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) a few times today to get data back

- Twitter app has FC'd a few times for me, never did with 2-10

- ICS Music app won't start, FC's as soon as I try to load it. The old Google Music app does work

- Having battery icon at top display increments is great (even if it is only by 10%)

- Google+ FC's like whoa

That is all for now. I did not wipe data when I flashed the new version so take this for what its worth. I just didn't have time to, still might if others don't notice these issues.
I'm wondering.. would barrmy's (http://bit.ly/zDp2Bw)1% battery mod work with this? I'm not referring to the graphics, since they are readily available to switch through without flashing in this ROM.

·
Grimace
418 Posts
Nope. Nothing aside from the stuff in the Power Menu options (where I can toggle showing/hiding the torch thing). None of that matters because the power menu is the problem here.
Right, but the torch affects the power menu. Not sure what's what. Send a note to dhacker or droidth30ry. I know that's what cleared it up for me when I was running this one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't jumped to ICS yet want to but waiting patiently....but I see in most of the ICS forums this fast torch talk....what exactly is it...I thought it was just a flashlight at first but didn't think a flashlight would get all this forum time lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Grimace
418 Posts
ha - it is just a flashlight, but it's causing a bug - you should be able to long-press the power button and get a boot menu - airplane mode, reboot, etc. With the torch enabled it doesn't work properly and when you long-press the power button it just reboots directly into the rom, no option to get back into safestrap.

·
Androddict
192 Posts
It's working perfectly fine on me. Do you have latest build 15?

ha - it is just a flashlight, but it's causing a bug - you should be able to long-press the power button and get a boot menu - airplane mode, reboot, etc. With the torch enabled it doesn't work properly and when you long-press the power button it just reboots directly into the rom, no option to get back into safestrap.

141 - 160 of 218 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.