Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
THEMER/JEDI COUNSEL/GODFATHER of Inversions
800 Posts
Xkape should be posting this in the Gnex section once he tests it on that phone but so far it's been fine... The ICS framework is quite different than the past so it took some trial and error getting the headers and footers to play nice.. But after fighting with it for a few hours I won!... lol

This is fully inverted, meaning everything has black backgrounds. In the past, the inner message had text color issues on certain emails when the sender uses its own background but the apk text color so I made the text a medium gray so it's readable on black or white backgrounds.. We'll prob make a different Gmail with a stock inner message screen though.

This is meant for ICS roms only I do believe... so if ya install it and it won't even open, you prob can't use it..

Installalation tips:

Use Titanium BackUp to uninstall your system apk Gmail or use Root Explorer to rename it from Gmail.apk to Gmail.apk.bak or just delete Gmail.. REBOOT on either method.. Then this installs like a normal app to the data partition.. If for some reason you have issues with the app stopping, try clearing cache in Gmail or move it to system and rename to Gmail.apk.. so far its been fine in data for me...

Download link:

1. http://bit.ly/403Gmailv2 ICS Gmail Version 4.0.3 - Fixes the undo bar messages (<b 1 b> deleted)

1. http://bit.ly/403Gmail ICS Gmail Version 4.0.3 - Should be good but let me know if ya have any issues

2. http://bit.ly/402ICSgmail ICS Gmail Version 4.0.2

3. http://bit.ly/ICSGmail40122 Inverted ICS Gmail

·
Private Dick
439 Posts
Hi, Thanks,

Its on there but every time I open it All my settings are back to default. ??

My Phone.

Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus 4.0.2 Stock ROM/ Unlocked/ Rooted/ ClockWordMod/ RomManagerPro/ RootExploere-Paid/ Titanium-Paid

·
Private Dick
439 Posts
Hi, Thanks,

Its on there but every time I open it All my settings are back to default. ??

My Phone.

Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus 4.0.2 Stock ROM/ Unlocked/ Rooted/ ClockWordMod/ RomManagerPro/ RootExploere-Paid/ Titanium-Paid
Did a reinstall and its all good Thanks, Paypal button hit.

·
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There a couple done already .. I think xkape has them finished... I have some issue with my apktool that I gotta fix.... mms and contacts have some fc issues just decompiling and compiling even with no edits.... so once I get that fixed I'll redo them... sorry for the delay tho.....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

·
Android Convert
627 Posts
Bb

This looks amazing. Really appreciate it. Spices up my nexus.

One thought. The new email highlight color of the darker black shade makes it hard to notice unread emails. Any way to improve this? Perhaps cyan or even grey or another color that pops?

This is great stuff. Keep them coming.

EDIT. fwiw the send and settings icons on new or replied or fwd messages were not showing. Or if they were there they were black and I couldn't see them. Also when you have a contact in the to CC or bcc field there name highlights in grey with grey text. Hard to read.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Use my install guide.. Gmail can be in data app so rename your existing Gmail in system app to Gmail.ask.bak and reboot.... then install mine like a normal app.... I'm on 4.0.3 now and the 4.0.2 version works great....

·
Registered
4 Posts
EDIT. fwiw the send and settings icons on new or replied or fwd messages were not showing. Or if they were there they were black and I couldn't see them. Also when you have a contact in the to CC or bcc field there name highlights in grey with grey text. Hard to read.
I'm having the same issue. Had to uninstall and go back to stock.

·
Android Enthusiast
975 Posts
Use my install guide.. Gmail can be in data app so rename your existing Gmail in system app to Gmail.ask.bak and reboot.... then install mine like a normal app.... I'm on 4.0.3 now and the 4.0.2 version works great....

Edit: posted in the thread where i first posted, thanks for your work.

·
Android Convert
627 Posts
Has anybody tested this with 4.0.3 ROMs, or even better, specifically roman's AOKP build 13? I really want dark GMail!
I should have mentioned. I was on AOKP build 13. But i removed for now. See my comments above. But no stability issues just cosmetic usability.

·
Private Dick
439 Posts
Can you look at the "Deleted" message after deleting a message as shown below?

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 33 Posts