Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
This always happens to me. I say I just want normal root for tethering then I start to dream and then start looking out for ROMs. I have a few quick newbie questions:

1. What is AOKP...i can't seem to find a specific rom listed as that?
2. I'm really interested in the Gummy Rom but I'm not certain on the instructions here. I'm not sure what ADB is....i'm sure I should be though. How do i get to recovery without the 3 finger way (assuming both volume rockers and power button at same time)?
3. What the heck is THS build? Is it the same as the regular build or do I need to flash that and then redownload the actual rom wanted and flash again?

Lastly: on my EVO just loaded the Rom right onto the root of the SD card, booted into recovery, wiped data/dalvick/cache, then installed from zip. Is it any different on Samsung. I know I had to use Odin to root...do I have to use Odin to flash every time or can I do it just from clockwork.

sorry if these are basic questions. I read through the stickies and couldn't find exact answers.

BTW...

I'm on a Ntelos Showcase....

edit::**

I did find something a minute ago for AOKP but it said Mesmerize...is it only for that build?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Use Odin to flash the clockwork recovery. Everything can be done from clockwork after that. I 3 finger to get into it to flash initially but after that I use the rom I'm usings reboot option.

I'm on my phone so I can't link you directly to the thread but team hacksungs ics build 2 or thsb2 is what your looking for. There should be several links throughout the board. If not I can drop box it to u.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Use Odin to flash the clockwork recovery. Everything can be done from clockwork after that. I 3 finger to get into it to flash initially but after that I use the rom I'm usings reboot option.

I'm on my phone so I can't link you directly to the thread but team hacksungs ics build 2 or thsb2 is what your looking for. There should be several links throughout the board. If not I can drop box it to u.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki
I have clockwork already installed. and did a nandroid right after I rooted. I downloaded what I think is right for the THS build. Can I just boot into recovery via rom manager and then install the THS build 2 or I have to use odin. Outside of rooting I know diddly about Odin.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks! Much help....I assume any of the Roms that say specifically Showcase will work either on Cspire or Ntelos...I have Ntelos
I have the C Spire Showcase and I am running this rom http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21330-romicsandroid-open-kang-project-build28/ even though it says US Cellular. I started with this rom http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13774-rom-sbrissens-ics-build-edited-for-mesmerize-showcase-build-65/ at build 6.5. I had to use the data fix in order to get data to work on both roms. I like the customization that AOKP brings to the table.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.