Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ramona Please
87 Posts
I Honestly Cannot Wait.. Even though Im considering Selling my DX for the GN... I would love to see how ICS runs on the DX before I sell..

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
Hopefully we'll see a bunch of ics roms soon. That would be sweet!

Before the devs move to on to the newer phones hopefully. All new roms/bugs to play with.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

·
tehk G33k
154 Posts
First motorola would have to unlock the bootloader so we could install a custom kernel. Because I doubt the gingerbread kernel will work. Unless the miraculous happens and Motorola updates the dx to ics. Which is pretty slim odds.

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
What? Drod just came back and so did the Liberty team. DCX is moving on, besides him, still the same crew.

·
Android Beginner
235 Posts
What? Drod just came back and so did the Liberty team. DCX is moving on, besides him, still the same crew.
DXC, Revnumbers, and CVPCS all moved to the Bionic, in all honesty it was really those guys who brought the droid x back to life, now dont get me wrong, all the devs left here will probably keep our phones alive but i think it was mainly them who made the droid x what it is today(Espically CVPCS with his 2nd init hack)

ON TOPIC:
i think the .32 kernel should be sufficiant enough to run ICS, the .29 kernel was good enough to run an sdk port of honeycomb for the nook color(and the .29 kernel for the nook was broken) so i believe our current kernels should be able to run ICS smoothly

·
Average Computa
497 Posts
Ummm rev is still working on the DX and somebody else has taken over for DXC and miui has even gotten a bit of ics already.

Personally I'm not as excited as everybody else about ics as it doesn't bring much(no status bar toggle widgets even?) and cm7gb does everything I want. Unless it gives better battery life. The only big thing that I really want it for is the open app scroller. That alone isn't worth buying the nexus though and the battery life is supposedly pretty bad so I'll probably wait for the next gen of phones with the newer LTE chips since my DX is only months old. By then all of the bugs in ics and cm9 will be worked out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So.. idk if anyone is doing the cm nightlies for dx anymore, but we have liberty team, and then ace is doing the miui ports now. Idk if mobile sensei is doin anythin either.

Ics is something that you need to experience. we can tell you all the cool things and stuff that ics brings, but until you try it out, you really dont know if you will like it or not. So at least try it. Btw ics brings far better performance and battery supposedly, so... worth looking into

·
Android Apprentice
90 Posts
Running the test ICS .32 kernel MIUI and I dare say coolest rom yet IMO. I'm sure there are bugs but seems great. Anxious to see what happens now the source is out. Can't find a reason to want to upgrade at present, save maybe 4G but since I run wifi a lot, I'm good.

Now when they finally port sense over to the DX, that'll be monumental.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
From what I have read, ICS should run on anything that has GB running on it now. The kernels are supposed to be that similar. Now that may or may not be true, but if it is, then the X should see some sort of ICS rom. But with the devs that have already left or are leaving, who's gonna port it over for us? Team Liberty is great and all but they do blur based roms. Their 1 AOSP rom (Justice) died quicker than it was built. Rev is concentrating on the bionic now with the X on the back burner. CVPCS has been MIA since Aug when he said the upgrade to the GB kernel was coming. (still waiting on that to be official) DXC is going to the gnex and Ace has 4-5 phones he's porting over. Maybe someone like DeVortex could try it out. I don't know. When cm7 was finally able to be flashed on the X, it gave us hope that there was more life left in this phone. That was a short lived 6 month second wind IMO. These are just my thoughts on the whole thing. I could be way off or right on. Never really know for sure.

·
Flashaholic
348 Posts
I think we will see something head our way. Ics Miui is running great on mine. Add. Ics launcher and it is pretty much the same. Sorta also cvps took that job with Samsung so it might be a long time since we hear from him again. Just remember that people still develop for Droid 1. So have faith. I am learning on how to port these things so I might play around with it. I am by no means close to the expertise as the devs we have on here tho.

·
Goosie Pizzle
2,582 Posts
I'll just leave this here:

Its not full ICS of course (no kernel update) but it has the general framework, so I would fully expect ICS of some sort to come rolling around to the DX. It may not have full support unless we get a kernel update from Moto or a boot unlock, but its going to appear in some form or another. Hell, it already has...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.