Android OS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Themer
137 Posts
ICSish RED for VorteX RC1, VXR and VXL

Please read all before flashing!!

My Blue ICS theme recolored to RED. Alot of stock ICS icons, some ICS style animations, Customized dialer, and a bunch of other stuff. 1% battery icons and ICS boot animation( If you dont want the boot animation you can delete it out of the zip).

INSTALL Instructions
I recommend installing my theme on a fresh copy of VorteX. You can do this by reinstalling VorteX RC1 or VXR with NO DATA wipes, just cache wipes.

You can proceed to flash my theme after first flashing VorteX RC1. The First boot after flashing might take a few minutes and may boot loop 2 or 3 times. But if after the initial vibrate it doesn't start within a few minutes do a battery pull and it will start up the second time.

If installing over a previous version WIPE CACHES. Statusbar may and probably will disappear if you dont.

If flashing on a fresh install let it boot atleast once before flashing the theme.

After Install

Let phone sit for a minute or two before unlocking it for things to settle in.

Warning!!! Do not use VorteX toolbox if flashing on VXR it will break the bootmenu and may cause you to bootloop.

Warning!!! Do not use VorteX toolbox to change the battery icon it will mess up part of my theme or cause bootlooping. There is no way around this because of how the toolbox applies the icons.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Main Download for VXL ONLY - I am not responsible if you mess up your phone.
ICSish VXL ONLY This download is for VXL ONLY!! Caches will be wiped for you you on install. Includes Red ICS type keyboard.

http://db.tt/AOklrOHn Double lockscreen fix (So you can use both Security lock and regular lcokscreen) Only flash if you want this

Downloads below for VorteX RC1 and VXR ONLY...
DOWNLOAD RED ICS THEME download V2.1 .. RC1 and VXR ONLY!! WIPE CACHES

http://db.tt/uHChG2hw ICS type keyboard with a RED touch :) . This will replace the stock MOTO keyboard. Just flash this like normal.

Update 8-7-12
Updated OP to included VXL compatible theme

Update 7-3-12
I put the wrong BlurPhone.apk in the zip

Changes..Updated 6-7-12
Pulldown layout changed
Some image fixes and changes
Lockscreen layout and font changed changed
OK/cancel type buttons made smaller
Statusbar clock font changed
Incall/incoming background changed

ENJOY your RED ICS THEME

If you happen to find anything that doesn't seem quite right let me know.( out of place images, wrong colors, etc.)

THANKS to - DeVorteX, Serx7 and achep anybody else I might of missed.

As a thanks if you like my theme hit the LIKE button on this post.

·
Nexus Addict
377 Posts
This looks sick!

·
Themer
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Android Beginner
196 Posts

·
Deadly_Hamsters
3,899 Posts
The only thing that bugs me is the size of the OK and Cancel buttons. They should be smaller. In true ICS they are much smaler. Same with your Blue ICSish theme. I'm rocking the blue one right now with a ICS keyboard. May try this one soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki

·
Themer
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cant make them smaller Deadly. There is some smali edit in the framework.jar file that controls it that I have been unable to locate. In Liberty and other AOSP roms it uses the btn_default_normal for the button but VorteX use the stock moto buttons. Ive tried every edit I could think of to make them smaller without messing around with the smali.

·
Deadly_Hamsters
3,899 Posts
Ok don't sweat it. Ill load this up in the morning

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki

·
Deadly_Hamsters
3,899 Posts
So in you Blue ICS Theme the OK and cancel buttons look a little smaller. Did that get fixed in a recent update and just didn't get applied to this theme yet? Btw thanks for these themes. They make my phone look Amazing!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Themer
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya my last update fixed those and changed a few other things. I was going to change the red theme. Just haven't had time lately to mess with it. But now that my X isn't my primary phone anymore, I can play with it without worrying about missing phone calls.

·
Themer
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATED 6-7-12

·
Deadly_Hamsters
3,899 Posts
Alarm Icon and 3G arrows aren't themed. It would be cool if you could make an Orange ICS Theme

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

·
Android Apprentice
520 Posts
I know you're probably busy with other things and these things take time, but will this be ported to LVXR? Or as hamsters asked, perhaps an orange one?

·
Themer
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes once we officially release the new build.

I have no desire or time really to make a orange theme sorry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts