Samsung Galaxy S2 2133.33%
Droid Bionic 3555.56%
Neither, i am waiting for quad core.711.11%

·
Android Apprentice
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does it become the phone to the beat?

The SGS2 looks awesome, has CM7 coming and as of right and now will be my next phone.

If the Bionic comes unlocked does the LTE radio throw a wrench in the works?

·
Never Nude Analrapist
375 Posts
I think it does become the phone to beat, if it is unlocked (or can be unlocked like the Xoom). The one problem I see with the SGS2 is that there is still no confirmation that it will be a 4G device. If it's 3G, sales of the phone will be way down. I'm hoping it's 4G because I'm getting both a Bionic and SGS2 (regardless of the Bionic being locked or not). I'll keep the better, more developer-friendly device and my wife will use the other one.

·
Android PiMP
25 Posts
If I had to pick one, certain criteria would have to be met.
If the Bionic comes unlockable like the Xoom, then that would lean me towards it since we already know that it will be an LTE device.

All in all,
I would rather wait for a VZ Nexus rocking Ice Cream Sandwich & LTE.
A guy can dream, right?

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
Whether it has 4g isn't crucial to me. I like the openess from Samsung right out off the gate. And the Super amoled screen is better for being in the sun and if the the bionic has the pentile screen i have read bad things about it. my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Samsung. Without hesitation, I really appreciate what they've been doing this last year community wise and their hardware is far more sexy than Motorola's.

·
Android Apprentice
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After doing some reading...it comes down to
1) RAM - 1GB in the Sammy and 512MB in the Bionic
2) 3G vs. 4G - Sammy seems to be 3G and Bionic is 4G
3) Bootloaders - Sammy should be unlocked and the Bionic is unknown.

For me, playing with my OG, I want as much RAM as possible, seeing as I cannot even answer a call sometimes, since my RAM is so low. I am used to 3G...4G would be awesome though. And, seeing as I love to ROM my phone, it has to have an unlocked bootloader. CM7 will be a BIG bonus.

So for now, I am leaning towards the SGS2. If the Bionic is known to come unlocked...that may sway my decision, even if it does have 1/2 the RAM.

·
Android Apprentice
87 Posts
Whichever has 4G, dual core, and developer support. I love Moto hardware so Sammy better wow me if I'm going to switch.

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
If the gs2 has 4g it's a no brainer for me, next phone for me must have 4g lte and have cm7 support. If one of those criteria isn't met I won't even consider it.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I am due to upgrade on the 9th of this month, currently using the Samsung Fascinate which I absolutely HATE, would much rather be using my OG again, which hubby just fixed the digitizer on and it worked a total of 3 days, so back to the crappinate for me. My thoughts.... I LOVE Moto, the OG was awesome..... however the specs I have seen for SGS2 have me interested to say the least. I think the kicker for me on this one will be whether or not the Moto has an unlocked boot loader, if it does then this will be a no brainer for me.

·
Android Apprentice
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is what I saw on Droid Forums yesterday:
CPU - TI OMAP 4400 up to 1.5 Dual-
Display - 4.3 or 4.5 qhd gorilla glass
RAM - 1GB (presumably DDR2)
O/S - 2.3.4 (GB)
Internal - 16gb (rumored)
Camera(s) - Rear 8mp 1.3 or 2.0 FFC
Video - 1080p
Battery - 1750mAh

And supposedly it should be unlockable like the Xoom. If so...I cant pass this one up. Will prolly wait for the SGS2 to come out so I can see a comparison, but if all else is just about equal (minus the screen) the 4G will take the cake on this one.

·
Android Enthusiast
69 Posts
We don't know how much RAM the Bionic will have. We do know that it will be faster DDR2 dual channel RAM given it's OMAP 4 SoC.

Sent using CM4DX

·
Android Lover
106 Posts
I don't care about the boot loader as much as I care about it forcing me to tiered data. I found out today from a verizon tech friend, the Grandfather clause only applies if we stay on a 3g phone or already on 4g. I was told an upgrade to lte after the data change will force you to tiered data pkan.. Booooo. Hope he's wrong, but hasn't failed me yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Themer
282 Posts
dacp283 said:
I don't care about the boot loader as much as I care about it forcing me to tiered data. I found out today from a verizon tech friend, the Grandfather clause only applies if we stay on a 3g phone or already on 4g. I was told an upgrade to lte after the data change will force you to tiered data pkan.. Booooo. Hope he's wrong, but hasn't failed me yet.

This is not true. Data is data, no matter how many G's it has. I spoke with a Rep yesterday on the phone while ordering a new device and he said I'm grandfathered in for life unless I downgrade to a dumbphone.

·
Average Android
79 Posts
If you have a smart phone with unlimited then you're grandfathered. I recently went from X2 to Charge with no lost unlimited plan. However, I'm still within my 14 days and thinking I should return this and hold out to see what the Bionic offers. Damn decisions!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
i have faith that the bootloader to the bionic will be unlocked, or moto just lost one major selling point. But if both are 4G and unlocked, i will take the one with a better screen. =)

·
Android Apprentice
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
canpa12345 said:
i have faith that the bootloader to the bionic will be unlocked, or moto just lost one major selling point. But if both are 4G and unlocked, i will take the one with a better screen. =)
SGS2 will not be 4G.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts