As a Joe bloggs user who recently discovered the nook, below is what I would like to see:
1. Remove all phone related apps
2. Remove all SMS related apps
3. Remove car
4. Ensure boot up from SDcard is no more than 60 sec (based on Sandisk class 4)
5. Ensure deep sleep enabled - from what I read it is on froyo 2.3.4
6. Work out how to either hide or make notifications status bar (sorry not sure what the exact description is) useful as the back, search, etc buttons are too small. If I had a choice I would like it gone and activated all via icons on screen.
7. Widget for Bluetooth enabled by default.
8. Icons/UI sized accordingly for tablet
9. Remove car home
10. Basic Audio support. Do we need DSPmanagrr?
11. Ensure overclocking available
12. Ensure market / gapps installed by default.
13. Must run via sdcard and created by .img file.
Hope that doesn't sound demanding but I see there is a lot of potential in the device but it has lots of bloatware from a phone port.
If what I am saying is crap then please advise. I would be more than happy to be a beta tester.