Android OS Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
damn only 1GB of ram? that definitely kinda sucks with the note2 having like 2GB and crap. oh well, can't always win
Well it is a cheap phone and same amount of RAM as international versIon of the galaxy s 3

Sent from my SCH-I200 using RootzWiki

·
Android Apprentice
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well it is a cheap phone and same amount of RAM as international versIon of the galaxy s 3

touché, kind sir, touché.
i just keep hoping a break through will happen and this device will claim it's unlocked bootloader goodness.
damn you, Samsung & damn you Verizon!

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
touché, kind sir, touché.
i just keep hoping a break through will happen and this device will claim it's unlocked bootloader goodness.
damn you, Samsung & damn you Verizon!
More like Damn you Verizon. Samsung doesn't have bootloaders on Sprint or Tmobile that I know of. Maybe not on AT&T either.

·
iamr00t!
357 Posts
More like Damn you Verizon. Samsung doesn't have bootloaders on Sprint or Tmobile that I know of. Maybe not on AT&T either.
Right, Verizon pressured Samsung to lock the bootloaders or they wouldn't sell their products. I guess I can't blame Samsung, they just want to make some $$, and not being able to sell devices on Verizon would be alienating a huge chunk of the market.

On another note, and unlocked bootloader is NOT 100% necessary for custom kernels, roms, etc. kexec will work. I (or someone) just needs to find some time to work on it.

·
Android Apprentice
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Right, Verizon pressured Samsung to lock the bootloaders or they wouldn't sell their products. I guess I can't blame Samsung, they just want to make some $$, and not being able to sell devices on Verizon would be alienating a huge chunk of the market.

On another note, and unlocked bootloader is NOT 100% necessary for custom kernels, roms, etc. kexec will work. I (or someone) just needs to find some time to work on it.
that'd be awesome! hopefully it'll be easy, just the s3 had before an unlocked bootloader was unannounced.

would it be possible to take s3's info and apply it to the stellar? had anyone been brave enough to attempt to flash the unlocked bl from the s3?

·
Registered
76 Posts
that'd be awesome! hopefully it'll be easy, just the s3 had before an unlocked bootloader was unannounced.

would it be possible to take s3's info and apply it to the stellar? had anyone been brave enough to attempt to flash the unlocked bl from the s3?
I did that and ended up calling Verizon to get a replacement phone

·
Android Apprentice
103 Posts
do not do this
it will not work
i promise

you will have a brick
i promise that too
yeah, i figured it wouldn't work... is it possible to take some of the files, fort lack of a better word, and replace them worth the stellars on the bootloader?

and don't worry, i don't own the stellar, nor would i try that til its been successfully done.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Yeah...don't try it. I didn't work for me about two months ago. By a miracle the phone survived.

·
iamr00t!
357 Posts
can someone get me the information that dialing:
*#1234#

gives you?

we're attempting to get a full stock tar and this might help (didn't feel it was necessary to create a new thread for this)

·
Android Apprentice
520 Posts
i don't own the phone, but have thought about picking it up third party just to mess around with. so I'm glad some, even a little bit of progress is being made to get this phone up and running. so a big thank you to the awesome devs who are working on it :)
I got it for my mum because it's more updated than my X and was free. It'll be her first smartphone, and actually from the factory it's really easy to use, and runs quite well, has a nice 2??? mAh battery that should last her at least a day or two. I'm going to see how long it lasts exactly. But I'd love to at least see some themes and CM10 or equivalent. She asked me about my X, which needs a battery that I can buy for cheap, and save her upgrade probably. But They'd try to charge a 30 dollar restocking fee. I bought the s3 for a pretty good deal, not free, but not over a hundred either. I wanted to try out the new DNA, but they didn't have one working and the manager didn't want to get a display model out that night. Personally, I like that the s3 has quite a bit of support from dev's.

So I'm thankful for any deving that gets done for this phone. I think I downloaded root tool for it yesterday. That's really all I need for her, but a nicer rom is always a plus.

·
Android Apprentice
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I got it for my mum because it's more updated than my X and was free. It'll be her first smartphone, and actually from the factory it's really easy to use, and runs quite well, has a nice 2??? mAh battery that should last her at least a day or two. I'm going to see how long it lasts exactly. But I'd love to at least see some themes and CM10 or equivalent. She asked me about my X, which needs a battery that I can buy for cheap, and save her upgrade probably. But They'd try to charge a 30 dollar restocking fee. I bought the s3 for a pretty good deal, not free, but not over a hundred either. I wanted to try out the new DNA, but they didn't have one working and the manager didn't want to get a display model out that night. Personally, I like that the s3 has quite a bit of support from dev's.

So I'm thankful for any deving that gets done for this phone. I think I downloaded root tool for it yesterday. That's really all I need for her, but a nicer rom is always a plus.
did you get the s3 on contract, sir?

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is the best phone nobody has used but sadly i have downgraded to the Galaxy Nexus as somebody wanted to trade and i always wanted one. I'll miss the stellar but loving the GNex's screen, Jelly Bean 4.2.1, but hating battery life and a bit too lite i need a case for this thing to make it heavier nearly dropped it twice. Anyways good luck with all the deving and such.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts