Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Developer
45 Posts
Now THAT...that is damn clever....
Thanks :) we do our best to make the best possible apps out there :) and we're always open to suggestions from everyone with this boot manager and whatever else we create!

Thanks for the post here apophis9283

·
Call Me Bert
188 Posts
I think itd be wayyy better if you didnt use icon ui from like 3 years ago. In all seriousness.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Developer
45 Posts
Well like i said we're all about changing things and tweaking did you see boot managers first ui? lmao what kind of ui would you like to see?

·
Android Beginner
138 Posts
Seriously, you dont have to be like that. Instead of coming off negative trying to crack a terrible joke why not display some constructive criticism. Just sayin. Also so you know you wont find a better dev to listen to ideas. If it works he will implement the ideas into the app.

Sent from my Incredible Rezound

·
Android-Aholic
1,247 Posts
Well like i said we're all about changing things and tweaking did you see boot managers first ui? lmao what kind of ui would you like to see?
lol, i had to google the old ui bc the new ui is so awesome i had forgotten about the old one lol. This app is looking pretty good. I would love to see the ui incorporate the holo theme, or at least parts of (especially the action bars). Awesome so far though!!!

·
Android Beginner
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like I said, Ive known the developers for a long time, they love when people have ideas. He sarted out being a themer so he can do it. Im sure he will see your post and look into it. They are some of the best devs for listening to their customers.

·
Android-Aholic
1,247 Posts
Like I said, Ive known the developers for a long time, they love when people have ideas. He sarted out being a themer so he can do it. Im sure he will see your post and look into it. They are some of the best devs for listening to their customers.
yes i agree, they have been especially awesome with helping and listening to people with boot manager. might be an idea to get with this dev, i know he has been trying to implement root and could use some help. and his app has the holo theme so maybe if the init2winit team needs help with that they can get with him.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/17572-appwip22ics-styled-file-browser-update-3-05-2012/page__fromsearch__1

·
Developer
45 Posts
I mean at the moment i work with conap and don't really want to add more to the team we have a good thing going no offense to the other dev his app looks nice. However at the moment my main thing is adding features in we'll get to ui very soon but right now i'm all about making this thing SUPER powerful. For instance i just finished writing in so that you could copy/move files into zip using copy/move in both single select and multi select so yes you can move files from multiple directories and multiple files into a zip :) working on renaming files inside zips as well basically writing 7zip for android at the moment. Conap also just wrote in chinese character encoding and what not lol and we're working on a few other things. Trust me slide explorer will be in a world of it's own and will soon easily be the most powerful file explorer availible to android :) then i'll change the ui up to suit needs although there is ui tweaks in there which apophis will tell you he's happy with he changed his colors up to use like red text i think he said. But we'll incorporate the holo theme in i put it in yesterday actually quickly but pulled it out due to things not being perfect and me wanting to work on the zip stuff ha

·
The Bindiest!
126 Posts
Bought and installed. Awesome work, keep it up!

·
The Bindiest!
126 Posts
I would love to see an option to list folders first. That's how I prefer my lists.

Also, found a bug:
When you check the option to use the light theme and then go back to the dark theme, all of the item names are black on black. The date, time & permissions are still visible, but the rest is not. Pic attached.

Attachments

·
Android Beginner
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, i had pointed out that issue to Gflam yestreday, thats when i changed my font color to red and what not.

·
Android-Aholic
1,247 Posts
I mean at the moment i work with conap and don't really want to add more to the team we have a good thing going no offense to the other dev his app looks nice. However at the moment my main thing is adding features in we'll get to ui very soon but right now i'm all about making this thing SUPER powerful. For instance i just finished writing in so that you could copy/move files into zip using copy/move in both single select and multi select so yes you can move files from multiple directories and multiple files into a zip :) working on renaming files inside zips as well basically writing 7zip for android at the moment. Conap also just wrote in chinese character encoding and what not lol and we're working on a few other things. Trust me slide explorer will be in a world of it's own and will soon easily be the most powerful file explorer availible to android :) then i'll change the ui up to suit needs although there is ui tweaks in there which apophis will tell you he's happy with he changed his colors up to use like red text i think he said. But we'll incorporate the holo theme in i put it in yesterday actually quickly but pulled it out due to things not being perfect and me wanting to work on the zip stuff ha
i understand completely, and wasnt necessary saying you guys should add him to the team but i know what you mean. Cant wait to try out the zips features you mentioned though

·
Developer
45 Posts
I would love to see an option to list folders first. That's how I prefer my lists.

Also, found a bug:
When you check the option to use the light theme and then go back to the dark theme, all of the item names are black on black. The date, time & permissions are still visible, but the rest is not. Pic attached.
Just did it and what i had to do was go back into ui tweaks and select to change the text color which was already set to white so i just hit okay and backed out to the explorers and it was fine so that's kind of odd ha we'll take a look at it but yea just go in and change the text color again in ui tweaks to white and you'll see the titles.

I'll also add a checkbox for showing folders first for you in the next update (after today's)

We are planning to update Slide Explorer today with the following (still have to finish the add files to zip works except for folders)
Add copy/move files to zip
Chinese characters
Fixed a bug I found as well with copying in explorer 2 and explorer 1 being in ro would give a dialog about explorer 2 being ro when it wasn't. Only happened in explorer 2 and only with copy move worked fine we just missed an if statement with coding it ha

And then i'll add the things you requested Bindy in the update after today assuming adding folders to zips works fine.

·
Developer
45 Posts
Didn't make the update yesterday got too creative lol added a bunch more to the archive viewer so needs a few more days till update

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great App. I was looking for a file explorer to aid me in some app inventor work I was doing and came across this one. I downloaded the lite version to check it out and decided that I would write up a little review about it on my site. I run a blog called Diverse By Design that has been around for about a year and a half. Last month I had to start from scratch as I lost everything when my hosting account expired and I failed to properly backup my data. Oh well.. live and learn.

Anyway.. I switched the focus of the site since I started over and now I have about a 85% focus on App Inventor and related topics. Anyway.. I was going to include some info about your app in an article over the next day or two as I'm sure people could utilize this if needed.

One thing that I would like to see added is the ability to explorer files across a network via WiFi. Such as on a home PC, tablet to phone, tablet to pc etc.. that would really set this apart even more. I will say though that the side by side explorers are a welcome idea and you implement it very well. Old UI or not.

I'll let ya know when the article goes live.

·
Developer
45 Posts
Ha well good news for you that's done finished it yesterday
so next update you'll have that

See we're even ahead of you guys we know what you want before you ask lol anyway big update coming to slide explorer

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

·
Android Beginner
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gflam, dont make me start wearing an aluminum foil hat. You and conap never cease to amaze me.

Sent from my Incredible Rezound

1 - 20 of 53 Posts