Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Android Beginner
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else getting the crackling in peoples voice and almost like a reverb vibration on the top of the phone when your in a call and the person is loud?

I thought it was me but it's starting to drive me crazy!

Also even with the extended battery and the extended battery cover there is still a little play in the top by the camera it feels cheap and is popping up to the point where you can press on it and it goes up and down a little.

I might have to go get a new one. But I don't want to have the same problems....

·
Infinite Noob
362 Posts
Haven't experienced crackling, but I have had like a squelching and beeps (real digital sounding stuff). Had it happen a few times all while using my bluetooth earpiece. Couple of times the person on the other end heard some weirdness too - had to disconnect the call and redial.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
Haven't experienced crackling, but I have had like a squelching and beeps (real digital sounding stuff). Had it happen a few times all while using my bluetooth earpiece. Couple of times the person on the other end heard some weirdness too - had to disconnect the call and redial.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I have also gotten the squealing and beaps, but when I made a call. Tried to call my father the other day and got a painful earfull of awful noise and no ringing. Also have had the mic stop responding anywhere from 5-30 minutes in a call. Even trying to order a pizza earlier was a nightmare. I made the call, turned it on speaker by accident, and returned it to the earphone and it was completely distorted and messed up. I hope it's just software causing all of this.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had the ear piece noise u speak of. Sounded like a blown speaker or like something was vibrating. Took it back and got a new phone. was better but then had the crappy fitting batt cover u speak of. That phone would shut off if dropped an inch so I went and luckily got a third new phone and all seems to be well with this one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Android Defender
96 Posts
Is anyone else getting the crackling in peoples voice and almost like a reverb vibration on the top of the phone when your in a call and the person is loud?

I thought it was me but it's starting to drive me crazy!

Also even with the extended battery and the extended battery cover there is still a little play in the top by the camera it feels cheap and is popping up to the point where you can press on it and it goes up and down a little.

I might have to go get a new one. But I don't want to have the same problems....
I did the first day i got my nexus and had to go get a new one from the verizon store and all is good now. its funny when i got the second one it hot hotboot issues befor i walked out of the store but my third one is all good no problems at all.

·
Android Beginner
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a new phone today. The crackle is gone. It had to have been a blown speaker. Thanks guys. Going to put the battery cover on when this one dies. I'll let you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts