Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Average Android
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am proud and privileged to have such a brilliant, hard working, and honest group of developers working on this phone. Team Gummy and affiliates (imnuts, supercurio (by proxy), and TSM (by proxy) have it down.

I was bragging to a coworker how you (the team) were able to get full voodoo (lagfix and sound) working in GB, and he said that he's had it for a while (on his Captivate). We were comparing things and he has the paid version of Voodoo Control (which of course supports sound without the kernel support). But here's the thing, he didn't pay for it. It was cooked into his rom. So what I'm getting at is that there are cheaters out there, but we've got the real deal.

Again, this team kicks... I have enough basic understanding of the complexity if the work you do to really appreciate achievements like these. I am enjoying GC froyo 2.0, and patiently awaiting the release of gingerbread 2.0. I test drove 1.9rc2.3 and liked what I saw, and now that there is full voodoo, 2.0 will be a must-have.

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using RootzWiki Forums

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
aaronDroid80 said:
We were comparing things and he has the paid version of Voodoo Control (which of course supports sound without the kernel support). But here's the thing, he didn't pay for it. It was cooked into his rom. So what I'm getting at is that there are cheaters out there, but we've got the real deal.
Any idea what ROM it is? I'm sure supercurio would like to know, as would I.

·
Average Android
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"mdietz said:
Any idea what ROM it is? I'm sure supercurio would like to know, as would I.
Not sure. I know that it's GB. I'll try to poke around xda and see if I recognize anything.

·
Average Android
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He said Mosaic V. I'd download the rom and look at it, but I don't know what I'd be looking for. Please investigate first. I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a witch hunt.

·
Average Android
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I apologize, because I feel like I'm stirring up trouble. Just out of curiosity, what other phones does TSM dev for?

·
Average Android
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"foister82 said:
i had TSM on my fascinate
As did I. The reason I asked was because I know that they gave Team Gummy permission to port their mods over to the Charge, but I didn't know if they had given any other devs permission for other phones...i.e. Captivate. While I was looking for the above mentioned rom, I found one that had "almost implemented all the TSM parts". I wanted to ask first before throwing somebody else under the bus.

Boy, this was really not what I intended when I started this thread. I merely found yet another great reason why our devs are so great, and I'm afraid that it could go south. Please use this area more for constructive criticism for our devs, as that was it's original intent.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
aaronDroid80 said:
As did I. The reason I asked was because I know that they gave Team Gummy permission to port their mods over to the Charge, but I didn't know if they had given any other devs permission for other phones...i.e. Captivate. While I was looking for the above mentioned rom, I found one that had "almost implemented all the TSM parts". I wanted to ask first before throwing somebody else under the bus.

Boy, this was really not what I intended when I started this thread. I merely found yet another great reason why our devs are so great, and I'm afraid that it could go south. Please use this area more for constructive criticism for our devs, as that was it's original intent.

Thank you.

many on gsm phones have implemented tsm parts or whatever into their roms...*most* of them like whitehawk dagr8 and others shared stuff back and forth with sbrissen so they were allowed to use sbrissen stuff...on the ns4g there is a pool party port (sbrissen aosp tsm rom) but since the aosp rom is under apache license, if you can build it, you can use it..permission or not

tsm parts for touchwiz is closed source currently and everything else is ask before u use as well (although on one seems to)

other phones tsm members work on are : inc2 (me, omj, times_infinity...pool party port and gingerbang sense roms {no tsm parts in sense}) and navenedrob is working on the droid x2 with various mods and a rom (i think)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts