Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Hey everyone,

New user to the forums but a weekly reader, go easy please.

I've noticed there was a "fix" to adjust the size of the internal partition for applications in CM7 to avoid having errors or moving apps to "sd." So, I was wondering if a fix is in the works for CM9 because I'm sick of having to move apps to and from sd.
I'd be interested in something like 5 GB (sounds crazy, right?) of internal storage (I have the 32 GB model) and smaller sizes for users who don't need as much. I just enjoy having a large collection of games and hate having to make room for more or move them to sd.

Let me know any info/what you think.

-Mark
There are four pinned threads on the top of the first page. One is about fixing the sd card size. And yes it works for CM9, I know, I'm running it right now. My internal storage is 3.5 gb. Once you have read that thread, pm me and I'll give you a couple of tips for a successful installation.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Ok.

Read thru the entire SD card thread, and all the recommendations.

Is there *ANY* way, safe way, to apply the 2GB increase WITHOUT having to do a NANDROID backup etc.

To me, its not worth doing all that, to expand the Internal Memory...
One can always try to flash the memory fix without doing any preparation. Worst that can happen is the memory fix will fail with no harm done to the current setup. If that happens, then it's time to make a nandroid backup, uninstall everything, do a clean install, install the memory fix and then restore the backup. Takes all of about 10 minutes. As always I recommend making a nandroid backup before trying any of this.

And @geiovanni, as to an idoits guide, if you are not proficient at installing nightlies either via CWM or TWRP, installing from scratch using ACMEInstaller2, then doing this is not for you. I would suggest you go to Rev. Kyle's YouTube channel and watch a variety of his video tutorials on rooting the TouchPad here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEB7088E3F2018862&feature=plcp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts