Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Developer
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Well, now that Clockwork has been ported, I think it's a good time to discuss future developments for the Revolution 4G.

There are a few things I can start to work on right away like:
  • deodex'd stock rom; and
  • removing Bing

Those I plan to start on as soon as I'm sure that CWR is stable and the source is released to the public.

And, provided I am able to purchase a Revo4G with the donation funds, I will begin on bringing a AOSP 2.2.X ROM to the Revo4G.

After the kernel source is released by LG, I also plan on trying my hand at porting CyanogenMod 7. I cannot guarantee that I will be successful, but I can at least lay the groundwork for others to build off of.

Anyway, I hope this post helps bring life into the Revolution community--I'm excited, are you?

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Ecstatic... Can we haz rootz nao?

Seriously though, a de-odexed ROM and de-bing (with long press support!) is truly exciting!

So when is your dev classes going to start, and how much do you charge? XD

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
thecubed said:
I'm uploading the factory-stock ROM right now. That's step 1, next step is to deodex and remove BING (Satan!!)
Good thing for the factory-stock. I *accidentally* (no, really) deleted bingsearch.apk, so I technically don't have a stock image for this phone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts