Android OS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Developer
125 Posts

Virtuous Unity is the first custom Sense 3.0 ROM, scaled for WVGA screens, to be based on an official shipping release from HTC (1.35.75.1).
The entire ROM is brand new, taking no application or framework components from any prior Sense 3 releases.

Unity is the result of a collaborative, team effort by the following developers:Screenshots

Features

• Based on the official Sensation shipping ROM (1.35.75.1).
  • Ported for full functionality on each supported devices. Additional device support is being added regularly.
  • Resized for WVGA (800x480) displays, using a purpose built tool to modify HTC's proprietary m10 binaries, developed by Flemmard and Diamondback.
  • Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
  • Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.
  • Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.2Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 806Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.
  • Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).
  • WiFi calling (T-Mobile USA only).
  • Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.
  • Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
  • Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
Supported Devices
Porting Information and Credits

Virtuous Unity, or any components therein, may not be ported to other devices without explicit email approval from the development team. We will be approving ports, presuming the develop of a given port is ready and willing to follow the same revision control and release processes currently employed existing devices.

Important Notes

• If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue.
  • You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.
Bugs and Errors

To ease the process of reporting bugs to the team, we made a public bugtracker where you can report the bugs you found. Please make sure you read all the existing entries there to avoid doubling the errors.

The bugtracker is located here.

Download :: Changelog :: More Information(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
So .. if people are slowly moving off XDA to here !! How come this thread hasn't been updated to reflect Virtuous Unity v1.31 ??

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Larzzzz said:
The built in kernel is actually quite good. No need to swap. Especially with 1.31 and it's built in CPU governor.
+1 on this. The stock kernel is all I've used and has given me some of the best battery life I've ever had on my Inspire. Great job by the Unity Team with the Virtuous Overclock Controller. Not that I mind running setCPU when needed, but having a control app built into the ROM is a win-win :)

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
Any reason you don't plan on releasing the beta on "the other forum" (haven't read up on the rules here, yet)? No biggie, just seems like extra work for you guys

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Downloading new beta now, see web site home page. Y'all have fun now.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using RootzWiki Forums

·
Supporting Member
61 Posts
Well all the sizing and call fc seems to be fixed and it just looks really clean like the bigger size of everything

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Running new beta Vellamo score of 873 slightly faster than stock Sensation, compare to 710 running 1.31 with 1.2 OC. Only bug so far, pressing button on bluetooth headset redials last number called/received instead of voice search. Shoudn't call people while driving anyway.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.