Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Average Android
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a question, i think i am going to give my DX to my dad since i am going to buy a d3. I have been experiancing some crappy battery life latly, little to moderate use and its almost dead buy the end of the day.

My question is can i wipe all partions, system, data, and cache. then install a zip file for a rom such as Liberty or Apex. I am running liberty .8 right now, but i think for my dad a more vanilla and straight forward rom like APEX might be better.

can this be done?

·
Average Android
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes that is where i always look for instructions, i have only seen one say to wipe /system cm7, i was just curious if it is safe to do in general.

on a side note, what would you guys choice for stability battery life
looking at Liberty AOSP, Apex rc2.0 or SS

·
Average Android
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he is coming from the OG droid, it is having some hardware issues. He is also not a tech idiot, but i think something stable and vanilla is good.
I just flashed Liberty AOSP to it, and the theme sucks, seems like a good rom but i know i wouldnt want to look at that all day. tried the two theme attached to it as well the same. Flashing apex now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.