Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Average Android
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Governors.

Are these governors universal or are they only found on the droidx overclock app?

What is the difference between the 3?

What do you use and recommend?

I use the interactive governor. I feel like it makes my applications respond a lot more quicker than the other governors.

Thanks guys.

·
Average Android
559 Posts
I always just use the default ondemand. Does using another of the governors stop the instability of the frequencies shifting? I can watch my phone when it's not overclocked (or undervolted) and it'll settle down to 300 MHz and stay there. As soon as I activate the overclock the frequencies are bouncing all over for no apparent reason.

·
Average Android
87 Posts
with jrummys overclock app, my x never stayed overclocked, the minimum would stay at 1000 Mhz but i couldnt get the max to stay above 1000, so i just quit trying, even had profiles set up, some with ondemand, and the ones i wanted when the screen was on was on performance, but never really saw much of a difference :(

·
Average Android
559 Posts
Any suggestions for overclock apps that actually work on CM7? Like I said, I have Android Overclock from jrummy, but it just doesn't work right.

·
Genius
196 Posts
Simply put, the conservative governor is ondemand that scales it up slower.

I'm not sure what interactive does but it is different.

Smartass governor is a rewrite of the interactive governor that is supposed to be better than interactive.

I use smartass with my personal uv settings on jrummys droid Overclock and it works great.

You can find more information about governors at setcpu.com I think

1 - 6 of 6 Posts