Android OS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a iPad screen protector because it was effectively half a dollar and it was 9.7", I though that will fit the TouchPad...

Now becasue I haven't got my hands on one just now, I wondered if actually fits...

Could someone please confirm this or what?

·
Somewhere surrounded by server stacks...
130 Posts
It fits. Even the iPad smartcover works if you tape/glue it on, funny enough.

·
Android Apprentice
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How well does it fit? Perfectly?

I only picked it up, as my fingers makes lots of "essentials oils"

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
The width is right, the height is right. The cutout for the Home button is round instead of oblong, of course. But it WILL require trimming on the corners. I just pulled an iPad 1 protector out and held it over the TP, and the TP corners have a larger radius, so the iPad 1 protector hung over each corner.

Once trimmed, it should work just fine, though. It would be best to find something with the same radius as the TP corners (tape roll, medication bottle, etc) to guide the cut on a flat surface, rather than just using scissors and hoping you get it right.

I haven't installed one yet, as I have both clear and mirrored iPad protectors, and I'm not sure which I want to use. Until then, I'm just leaving the packing cellophane on it (just like my iPad 1, the cellophane is still on it almost a year later).

·
Android Apprentice
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that!

Need to find something which matched the forners, thats going to be mildy.difficult I think

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
bouncer said:
Thanks for that!

Need to find something which matched the forners, thats going to be mildy.difficult I think
I just checked, a cap from a Powerade bottle is REALLY close, its' radius is a touch large. And a cap off a 2L Coke is a touch too small. Either would get you so close it shouldn't matter, but a cap between those two would be nearly perfect. Personally, I'd trim to the 2L cap, then see if I need to shave a tiny bit off afterwards.

·
Average Android
406 Posts
It has gorilla glass, you don't need to screen protector.. I've seen keys slap against this thing with no scratches.

·
Android Lover
238 Posts
cobjones said:
It has gorilla glass, you don't need to screen protector.. I've seen keys slap against this thing with no scratches.
Cool, I wasn't sure about that... but am glad... gorilla glass is fairly tough stuff.. :D

·
Android Apprentice
75 Posts
"talonts said:
I just checked, a cap from a Powerade bottle is REALLY close, its' radius is a touch large. And a cap off a 2L Coke is a touch too small. Either would get you so close it shouldn't matter, but a cap between those two would be nearly perfect. Personally, I'd trim to the 2L cap, then see if I need to shave a tiny bit off afterwards.
Thanks for that, I shall give that a try later!

"cobjones said:
I've had a device with Gorrila Glass, and with the usage it gof, It did get a few scuffs.

As I said this is not to protect the screen from scratches but to allow me to clean the screen easier.

My desire screen always feels oily no matter how much I clean it now, And my friend's, Good wipe with a cloth feels fine, and if it doesnt, Can easily be replaced.

As I said, my main reason for the screen protector is dud to the oils the skin creates.

·
Android Apprentice
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
talonts said:
Have you found that the protector seems to be slightly to long? Perhaps it this cheap cheap protector...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.