Android OS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it true that tourchdroid wont have android market ?

arent all apps incl. the free ones distributed over the market ?

will i be able to use all free apps which are available in android market with touchdroid ?

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
it may very well be true that google market will not work on the touchpad since it is not a recognized platform for android. it can be done with build prop edits and such like done on the hd2 but if all else fails you could always use the shitty amazon app store

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
there is no way they are not going to get it to work. What is the lint if porting android over without the apps, may as well keep webOS on it.

·
Android Apprentice
35 Posts
It won't work out of the box as the HP Touchpad isn't a supported platform but to be honest if we can port over Android, getting the market to work shouldn't be out of reach.

·
Android Junkie
529 Posts
gapps is the easiest part. Cm7 cannot include gapps due to a google issue, but its supplied on the side. Buildprop edits will take 2mjnutes and it will download them all. No need for concern

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
It came from the touchpad running android from qualcomm. Had no market installed. Still ridiculous to assume though since we will be able to just flash Gapps through CWM...

·
Android Apprentice
66 Posts
It should'nt make any difference what device Android is running on, the market should still work. I remember when I ported Android over to my HTC Touchpro 2 which came with Windows Mobile and the market worked fine. Android gets ported to many devices that were not native to that OS and there has never been an issue with the market.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
You can install apps via the free 50gb Box.com cloud we all got! Just move them on and install with easy installer, simple :D

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
Market will work. It wont take long for someone to edit the build.prop to allow the TP to get on the market. Getting a functioning Android port is the hard part. Market will come minutes after the port is done. No worries.

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
Team_eP said:
You can install apps via the free 50gb Box.com cloud we all got! Just move them on and install with easy installer, simple :D
As long as the app is 100mb or smaller, that might work....since box is limiting our individual file size to 100mb...and a 10gb per month limit. I switched to minus.com.

The free account is10gb storage and file size of 2gb.

If you join off a referrer's link, you each get an extra GB of storage.. Here is my referrer link http://min.us/rv1R8n4 and the direct link http://Minus.com

·
appul pls
411 Posts
Don't even worry about it... There won't even be a TouchDroid release

1 - 16 of 16 Posts