Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is, for those of us waiting for Android. If we overclock it and stuff, then put Android on wouldn't it reset everything back to default? Or if I OC to 1.7ghz now, will it still be running at that speed when I put the new OS on it? Thanks, I just haven't looked into tweaking my tablet because I am literally just waiting for this to be ported.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'll be frank. I am lazy when there is no real reward for putting my time into something. I did install preware and diable log tracking and all that to the pad only to find there is NOTHING in preware even remotely useful or fun.

I found the SNES emulator, which works fantastic I might add, but thats it. No other apps or emulators to really have spent that time installing.

Now, I'd have to look up the guide on how to OC the touchpad, actually do the tweak, then stare at the screen of nothingness, faster prcessing... screen... I can only play Link to the Past so many times before I want to move on lol. There may be nothing to lose, but to me I feel there would be nothing to gain.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
situbusitgooddog said:
Don't bother then? Now if I could only get back the time spent reading this thread.
Errmmm, I was hoping someone would give me a reason. If I was wrong then there would be, but since the tweaks don't roll over I hardly see the point. Take your mindless badger elsewhere.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
situbusitgooddog said:
Mindless badger? My boy you cut me quick.

Serious answer that this doesn't really deserve - the OC process is about as quick and painless as installing an add-on for Firefox. This is because a lot of people have put a lot of effort into making something that should rightly be very complicated extremely slick and easy. It increases the performance of the Touchpad by quite a margin and lets you further tweak your device to your heart's desire. If your response to this is "Meh, can't be bothered" then good for you, why do we have to read about it?
Also my point being, it's all for nothing if Android is going to wipe these settings. You are not reading intot this enough. It's not that I don't see the benefits, it's that it's all for nothing if someone, like myself, got this just because a new OS could be installed. If it rolled over when the port happens then it would be worth it, right? Now if someone else has the same concerns they know when the port is done they wasted their time. You are dragging this out and your response could have been left out. Just sayin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.