Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
86 Posts
I was wondering of there was an app out there (like Hancent) that will let you assign a certain ringtone for a certain contact. Ex; If Harry sends me a text, I hear a certain ringtone that is unique to Harry. But when Sally send me an SMS, I hear a different ringtone. Not like the current scheme where one ringtone for ALL SMS/MMS messages.

If I am busy doing something on the other side of the room and my buddy texts me giving me greif about LSU loosing the BSC Championship game AND my wife texts me telling me where to meet her for dinner, I can decide from across the room and without looking at the phone if I am going to stop what I am doing to check the messages on my phone that I left of the kitchen table.

You can assign a different ringtone for contacts when they call, why can you do this for when they send you SMS/MMS messages?

EDIT: GoSMS seems to be the only choice for this functionality.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Handcent, Go SMS, im pretty sure stock SMS will do that too. The trick is figuring out how to do it. Took me forever to find it in go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
34 Posts
set the ringtone under the contact and it should work.

I was wondering of there was an app out there (like Hancent) that will let you assign a certain ringtone for a certain contact. Ex; If Harry sends me a text, I hear a certain ringtone that is unique to Harry. But when Sally send me an SMS, I hear a different ringtone. Not like the current scheme where one ringtone for ALL SMS/MMS messages.

If I am busy doing something on the other side of the room and my buddy texts me giving me greif about LSU loosing the BSC Championship game AND my wife texts me telling me where to meet her for dinner, I can decide from across the room and without looking at the phone if I am going to stop what I am doing to check the messages on my phone that I left of the kitchen table.

You can assign a different ringtone for contacts when they call, why can you do this for when they send you SMS/MMS messages?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.