Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Android Addict
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was getting 7 to 8 last week now I'm down to 5 hours then it's charge time! I didn't know about bright status bar causes battery drainage ill change it tomorrow

·
Android Addict
575 Posts
"Jaxidian said:
I get about 24 hours on stock battery on AOSP. You're doing something wrong.

Have you calibrated lately?
Yeah sometime last week but I think I figured it out I change kernel two days ago and I tried to mess with the speedtweak today but my terminal emulator couldn't find it so I switch it back to the previous kernel I was using I pulled it from the charger an hour ago it only drop 1 percent since then

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
luniz7 said:
You have a thunderbolt, the battery blows....
I'd disagree. Battery blows on stock ROM maybe but not on BAMF or AOSP if you set things up right. My stock battery gets me 13-16 hours of pretty decent usage and my extended battery lasts well over 24+ hours with moderate-heavy usage.

villae81 said:
Yeah sometime last week but I think I figured it out I change kernel two days ago and I tried to mess with the speedtweak today but my terminal emulator couldn't find it so I switch it back to the previous kernel I was using I pulled it from the charger an hour ago it only drop 1 percent since then
Not to insult you but did you type su>enter>speedtweak.sh>enter

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
excaliber88 said:
I've never seen cell standby as taking up the most resources, it is always screen that is first.
It would be because he is on AOSP. Sense you will almost always see Display first (Unless of course you never wake your phone) on AOSP though it is very hard to beat Cell Standby/Android in terms of battery.

·
Average Android
193 Posts
excaliber88 said:
I've never seen cell standby as taking up the most resources, it is always screen that is first.
AOSP determines battery usage by active time. Cell Standby is always first because it is always on, thus, the percentage of active time is highest. Display is usually lower, (in AOSP) because it's not always on. Sense seems to be determining which components are actually using more juice, as opposed to active time. This is why when you are actively on a Wi-Fi connection (with sleep policy set to never), Cell Standby and Wi-Fi indicate the same amount.

Hopefully this clears a few things up. It's not really a bug, it's just that the table is being read incorrectly.

·
Android Addict
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"skinien said:
Your phone seems to be awake/running for over 50% of the time. I guess with usage like that, this drain would be normal especially if the screen is on and you're on 4g.
No 4g in my area and im on my normal usage range but I'm good now I change kernel and 3g was fading in and out where I was yesterday everything seems to be back to normal

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.