Android OS Forum banner

Issues activating my Bolt

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Joshjunior 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So i went to the store when i got my bolt in today to get a new sim for it. After getting the sim put in and the guy at the store saying itd activate on its own in 30 min or so...i waited an hour or 2 then called verizon...nothing so far the guy is supposed to call me back in 15 min to see if the problem is on his end blah!

it was shipped with bamf sense rom any thoughts would be appreciated

#3 ·
Just curious, nobody tried to use the *228 method to activate, did they? This method does not work, and in fact has been reported to fry SIM cards (which has also been disputed as being impossible). Either way, there's a different number you have to call to activate it (sorry, I don't have it but if you search forum posts from when the TBolt launched, you'll find it there). And there's no reason that VZW should need to do this for you. They only need to give you the SIM card and the phone number. From that point, all you do is call that number, wait a few minutes (literally like 5 or less) and it should work.

#4 ·
Jaxidian said:
Just curious, nobody tried to use the *228 method to activate, did they? This method does not work, and in fact has been reported to fry SIM cards (which has also been disputed as being impossible). Either way, there's a different number you have to call to activate it (sorry, I don't have it but if you search forum posts from when the TBolt launched, you'll find it there). And there's no reason that VZW should need to do this for you. They only need to give you the SIM card and the phone number. From that point, all you do is call that number, wait a few minutes (literally like 5 or less) and it should work.
The *228 method was strictly said by verizon not to use because it screws up the sim cards configuration since they are lte sim cards. Either way, did the verizon rep put in the correct sim card number? If you want me to double check you can pm me and I will check why it's not working while I'm at the store.

#7 ·
Joshjunior said:
Not sure what wrong. I ended up just going back to stock and rooting again from scratch...no 1 2 3 method lol
Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
Oh, so it came to you rooted and the radio connection didn't work? I bet you whoever rooted it had a mismatched radio on it for the ROM so your problem had nothing to do with activation - it probably had the wrong radio on there! Sorry I didn't think of this sooner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.