Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new and cautious I did lots of back ups. All I have is the dates. Is there anyway to tell which ROM was running in any one particular backup? In the future I will have to rename the backups as I do them. Is there any problem that I would create by doing that?

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I still don't know how to tell which ROM is in which backup. All I can see is the file labels. 2011-08-02-20.52.10 If I try to drill down into the backup I can see "system.img" but I can't remember what ROM that contains.

·
Android-Aholic
1,247 Posts
Lemme look into this, I'll get back with you when I figure it out. Although I feel it won't be an easy thing.

Edit: Ok so i finally got to a computer and now my phone is dead. i know os x can open img files nut i dont know how they will appear once you open them. ill try again in the am.

·
Solus
296 Posts
What ya can do is go to the market... Download yaffsexpert.... And you can use that to extract the img file... You'll want to extract system.img then look at the build prop... And that will tell you what it is... That's what I did anyways
edit: oh ya... forgot to mention... All from your phone

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

·
Android Lover
462 Posts
I always rename my backuos like this 2011-08-28-10.38.31.CM7.71 then I know exactly what they are if miss renaming them it ishardto figure them out.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android-Aholic
1,247 Posts
"Nemo aeternamn said:
What ya can do is go to the market... Download yaffsexpert.... And you can use that to extract the img file... You'll want to extract system.img then look at the build prop... And that will tell you what it is... That's what I did anyways
edit: oh ya... forgot to mention... All from your phone

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer
That is what I was trying to figure out how to do lol, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts