Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 363 Posts

·
A Chosen One
783 Posts
Shouldn't need them. I linked a new zip in the op that can be flashed over anything. But thanks :)
Yeah but if for some reason this radio doesn't like the nexus and need a different radio. Maybe throw it in the OP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Witty catchphrase here
144 Posts
FWIW, I just flashed this and got a nice imrovement in signal. Before, I would mostly be 3g at my desk with intermittent jumps to 4g, and now I have 2 bars of 4g and solid connection. I know that the bars aren't good indicators of signal, but these radios are doing well so far.

·
Registered
131 Posts
FWIW, I just flashed this and got a nice imrovement in signal. Before, I would mostly be 3g at my desk with intermittent jumps to 4g, and now I have 2 bars of 4g and solid connection. I know that the bars aren't good indicators of signal, but these radios are doing well so far.
This is what I'm hoping for... I get 2 or 3 bars of 4g at my desk but it still switches to 3g periodically.

·
Android Lover
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
This is what I'm hoping for... I get 2 or 3 bars of 4g at my desk but it still switches to 3g periodically.
It is possible they could help better hang on to/acquire a 4G signal. I'm in a really strong LTE area so can't test the fringe area performance. But that does sound good. Let us know how they work.

·
Android Addict
1,186 Posts
I patched my phone and did a DD dump of the LTE radio to an .IMG file. If anyone wants it, I can upload it.

Reactions: ljv

·
Registered
66 Posts
I actually saw my data speeds halve with this radio update. See results below.

Phone was sitting on my desk for both tests, done about 10 minutes apart. (I'm in downtown NYC so its possible that some outside factor could have influenced the results.)

Will test again throughout the day and see if things pick up but worth noting if anyone else sees similar behavior.

Bottom 4 tests are the 'Before' and top 4 are the 'After'

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Android Beginner
96 Posts
I actually saw my data speeds halve with this radio update. See results below.

Phone was sitting on my desk for both tests, done about 10 minutes apart. (I'm in downtown NYC so its possible that some outside factor could have influenced the results.)

Will test again throughout the day and see if things pick up but worth noting if anyone else sees similar behavior.

Bottom 4 tests are the 'Before' and top 4 are the 'After'
Are you using lte or evdo??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

21 - 40 of 363 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.