Android OS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Genius
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have been out of the game for a little bit, and I am still on MIUI 1.8.23. Am I okay to flash the most recent version on top of this? Or should I flash the previous one and then the new one?

Thanks guys, you're the best

·
Average Android
132 Posts
Jmoney4769 said:
Hi guys,

I have been out of the game for a little bit, and I am still on MIUI 1.8.23. Am I okay to flash the most recent version on top of this? Or should I flash the previous one and then the new one?

Thanks guys, you're the best
You'll need to update to Gingerbread first by SBFing. Sometime in September, the kernel was switched to Gingerbread. All you need to do is SBF to .602, root it, and then flash the latest release.

·
Genius
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KatsumeBlisk said:
You'll need to update to Gingerbread first by SBFing. Sometime in September, the kernel was switched to Gingerbread. All you need to do is SBF to .602, root it, and then flash the latest release.
Shucks, I was hoping it would be easier. But thank you for the reply.

·
Android Enthusiast
233 Posts
BrentBlend said:
Be careful what data you restore also
If you can avoid restoring any data, I would recommend it
Agreed. I tried restoring just SMS and it wouldn't take.

I wouldn't even try restoring anything other than the apps. They're the only things that will go through.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Genius
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright thanks guys. I will do it this weekend. Can I use @P3Droid's radio updater and all in one zips instead of SBFing? Makes it easier for me

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
Well upgrading with the AIO will upgrade the radio so there's no need for that one. But just a bit of advice, some people have said that using the AIO caused some problems after flashing. Just be aware that it could be the same way for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts