Android OS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Lost Junglist
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... A buddy of mine at work got a replacement OG Droid because his was having issues, he asked me to root it and ended up giving me his old one. The far right side of the screen is unresponsive to touch in portrait (and the top in landscape with keyboard open) and it is a bit old but it still stays stable at 1000mhz+ so far on the ChevyNo1 kernels. Now, I don't plan on activating it as my main phone because of a few of the underlying issues the phone currently has (and the fact that I'm currently working on ROMs for my main phone, the LG Ally), but I would love to have an extra android device around the house/at work to play with and use via wifi.

I guess what I'm asking is, what cool things should I do to it/with it? And can you guys recommend some good ROMs/kernels for me to play around with? I don't really care if they are Gingerbread or Froyo, I just want to go crazy flashing ROMs on this thing since I won't really care if I brick it :)

Thanks a bunch in advance :)

·
Supporting Member
229 Posts
Try Sourcery 2.2, it's froyo based but man is it slick, not to mention the amount of customization you can do. It comes with several kernals. The ROM is not officially supported anymore but if you have questions they will help you out. I put this on my wife's droid because it was on its last leg, and now its like a new phone. Here is the link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sourcery-rom/128957-sourcery-rom-2-2-a.html enjoy :)

·
The Lost Junglist
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, will check it out for sure. Currently running Simply Stunning 5.5 (Unthemed) with my custom CyanbreadRemix theme and the ChevyNo1 LV 1.1ghz kernel right now and it seems pretty smooth for a GB rom, only problem is it seems to use a whole lot of RAM even when I'm just doin nothing lol.

·
Supporting Member
229 Posts
The wifes droid did not like Gingerbread at all, i tried all of them before deciding on a froyo base lol. The phone was doing the same thing you were describing, doing absolutely nothing was eating up the ram 0__0

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
"lancasterv3 said:
The wifes droid did not like Gingerbread at all, i tried all of them before deciding on a froyo base lol. The phone was doing the same thing you were describing, doing absolutely nothing was eating up the ram 0__0
Give my Rom a try, it may do better it my not. But you won't know till you try right?

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
"lancasterv3 said:
I have been reading up on it, ill give it a shot thanks :)
Thank you. It's still a work in progress but due to the android repo still down I can't fix a few things I want to. I but it's basically stable for now.

·
Supporting Member
229 Posts
"Wolf said:
Thank you. It's still a work in progress but due to the android repo still down I can't fix a few things I want to. I but it's basically stable for now.
The wife has been running it for little over a day now, she really enjoys it! Very snappy and fluid, extremely nice work +1 :)

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
"lancasterv3 said:
The wife has been running it for little over a day now, she really enjoys it! Very snappy and fluid, extremely nice work +1 :)
Thanks. I check the fang_extra folder for a script to make it faster

·
The Lost Junglist
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually gonna get around to trying this ROM tonight at work, been running on Simply Stunning 5.5 with the 1.25ghz ChevyNo1 LV kernel for the last couple days. Will post feedback after I flash Fang :)

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
"remicks said:
Actually gonna get around to trying this ROM tonight at work, been running on Simply Stunning 5.5 with the 1.25ghz ChevyNo1 LV kernel for the last couple days. Will post feedback after I flash Fang :)
To Everyone trying my ROM please visit the droid 1 dev section for the official forum post on it. It has updates, and my sites link as we as goodies you can't find in ROM Manager.

·
Average Android
97 Posts
Some Droids do not like Gingerbread, I have Gingerbread on my Droid, it's a clean version of it.. Bugless Beast is one of the best Gingerbread ROMs I've experienced so far. I had my Droid for two years before moving on and the Droid will forever be one of my favorite phones. I've flashed just about every ROM on it and wasted no time hacking into it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts